Thread: What the heck might this be? Urinary/prostate/kidney?

What the heck might this be? Urinary/prostate/kidney?

Over the past 1.5 months or so, I've had some minor symptoms that I chalked up to a urinary tract infection or something of the like. Some pain/stinging when urinating, some odor, some feelings of being unable to empty completely, some lower back pain, etc.

Well, a few weeks ago, I saw the GP for my yearly physical. We discussed the vertigo I've dealt with, and some other little stuff that's been bugging me. I was good and took my checklist, so I was able to list all the little things that I've noticed, and get his reassurance. I had almost forgotten at the end of the visit to mention the urinary stuff. He asked if I had noticed any blood in my urine, and I said no, and he asked about whether this was constant or intermittent, etc. I called in to check, and was told the urinalysis came back all clear.

So...what might these symptoms be? The stinging/pain has lessened, but the lower back pain and some of the stopping/starting symptoms have come and gone. Also, I noticed some spots on my boxers; I thought perhaps I had somehow leaked a little urine, but the consistency seems a little more viscous (like semen, but I can't imagine how it'd be that!). The spots are small and a little damp, too small to get a good idea of what they are. I've not been able to see anything being discharged at the source of the problem, as it were, and I can't imagine how it'd be an STD, but what the heck is it?

The Dr's office said to come back if the symptoms kept up, but I feel as though going back to the Dr. so soon after my physical (and when I've been so good with my HA, generally) would be a bit of a defeat. At the same time, I don't want to let something go if it's going to bug me. Any ideas on what this might be, or advice on what I ought to do? I know the chances of some cancer or something serious are slim, but I also know the lower back/side pain and od feelings of moisture on my boxers would be enough to probably keep me a little worried.

Any thoughts?

Re: What the heck might this be? Urinary/prostate/kidney?

Hi

Today i was at the Urology clinic at the hospital with my husband, our gp had refered him due to having two water infections in the space of 3 weeks.

These are the questions she asked him:

1, Did it sting when he passed urine?
    2, Did he feel he had a problem passing urine?
    3, Did he have to get up during the night?
    4, How long did it take to pass urine?
    5, Have you any pain?

Of course she asked other questions i.e. how did he feel when he had the infections....bloody awful was his reply!!

Anyway to cut a long story short they gave him a ultrasound scan and then a Cystectomy.....and all was clear!!

She said that some men do not empty the bladder completely and that can cause ITU's

I would say go back to your doctor for some reassurence.

Hope you feel better soon

Trish

PS my husband is 61

Oddly enough, I've had little to no issues w/ waking at night, which seems odd (and maybe points to at least a partial explanation of anxiety?). And I'm not sure what the chances of a UTI are if I had a clear urinalysis only 1.5 weeks ago.

Ah, the wonderfulness of problems "down there."

Hi hun

I am no gp, but feel, if you your symptoms persist or get worse, you should pop back to your doc's.

Your symptoms sound to me like cystitis. I am female and have had this alot when I was younger

stinging when passing water
    leaking small amounts of discharge
    slight smell
    the feeling of not able to empty completely, Mmm mine felt like this, but also felt like I needed to go, but when I went, only a trickle.
    I also had the feeling of being heavy down there.
    lower back ache
    pelvic ache

Hun, if the symptoms persist or get worse, please pop along to your gp for MORE advice on this.

YOU TAKE CARE, drink plenty of water, this helps

LOVE JILL XXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ams View Post
    Over the past 1.5 months or so, I've had some minor symptoms that I chalked up to a urinary tract infection or something of the like. Some pain/stinging when urinating, some odor, some feelings of being unable to empty completely, some lower back pain, etc.

Well, a few weeks ago, I saw the GP for my yearly physical. We discussed the vertigo I've dealt with, and some other little stuff that's been bugging me. I was good and took my checklist, so I was able to list all the little things that I've noticed, and get his reassurance. I had almost forgotten at the end of the visit to mention the urinary stuff. He asked if I had noticed any blood in my urine, and I said no, and he asked about whether this was constant or intermittent, etc. I called in to check, and was told the urinalysis came back all clear.

So...what might these symptoms be? The stinging/pain has lessened, but the lower back pain and some of the stopping/starting symptoms have come and gone. Also, I noticed some spots on my boxers; I thought perhaps I had somehow leaked a little urine, but the consistency seems a little more viscous (like semen, but I can't imagine how it'd be that!). The spots are small and a little damp, too small to get a good idea of what they are. I've not been able to see anything being discharged at the source of the problem, as it were, and I can't imagine how it'd be an STD, but what the heck is it?

The Dr's office said to come back if the symptoms kept up, but I feel as though going back to the Dr. so soon after my physical (and when I've been so good with my HA, generally) would be a bit of a defeat. At the same time, I don't want to let something go if it's going to bug me. Any ideas on what this might be, or advice on what I ought to do? I know the chances of some cancer or something serious are slim, but I also know the lower back/side pain and od feelings of moisture on my boxers would be enough to probably keep me a little worried.

Any thoughts?
    Hi there

Think that maybe you are stressing your bladder out. Are you having a lot of anxiety anyway? Think that your adrenal glands are situated just above your kidneys and i get an ache there if i get super anxious. Possible that high stress making your bladder muscles go into spasms like ibs but in your bladder.

Hope that helps

Lisa
    xx

I have a water infection at the mo & I feel bloody lousy! feel sick, slightly off balance, I am contanstly on the loo (esp at night) and when I have finished, feel like I still need to go, even though nothing comes out. Went to docs last week & they gave me some tabs to clear it up & it ain't even touched it so off back today. Also, taking a sample with me & my wee is very cloudy (which I hear is a sign of an infection) anyway, I am sorry I have no advice for you, just wanted you to know your not alone! xxxx

Some more spotting last night, seemingly whitish in color. Odd.

I guess I'll give it another day or two and see what happens, since the urinalysis was clear...maybe I've got something low grade I just need to puch through.

can anyone help i keep urinating the past 3 days my bladder feels tender too, it doesnt hurt to urinate but i have a near constant feeling that i need too go, i leak a bit and im scared, im in a constant state of anxiety and im so worried, too scared too do anything

is it anxiety or could it be my new meds escitalopram

Thread Information