Thread: Lightheadedness

Lightheadedness

Well people just wanted to see if you guy could give me an update of reassurance of some sort.

I am still lightheaded almost at the 2 month marker... will it ever go away? Only slighly goes away at certain tmes but it is with me for the majority of the day. Does anyoe else have this long term lightheaded feeling. it all started after i had a series of severe panic attacks. Before that i was smoking marijuana all day every weekend , and some weekdays for about 2 years.. i quit bu i still have this feeling like i am stoned all the time...its majorly contributing to my health anxiety.

Re: Lightheadedness

my lightheadedness took months to clear up after my last big bout with anxiety and PA's .. but when i accepted it would clear up on its own, it eventually did
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I started suffering with anxiety last october and I KEPT light headedness, it was so scary and actually increased my anxiety. It's finally mostly gone, and I haven't had a bad panic attack in several months. The more you don't think about it the quicker it will go away. I still have my days where I notice it, but I try not to think about it and it usually goes away.

I've been light headed for around 6 weeks now and it is very annoying isn't it. I'm on medication now so hoping it will calm down soon but try not to worry as I'm sure it will go soon

I have had light headedneass for pretty much the majority of the last two years, think i had about two months where it pretty much went but thats about it i walk around feeling almost drunk most days

Quote Originally Posted by Sambapati85 View Post
    Well people just wanted to see if you guy could give me an update of reassurance of some sort.

I am still lightheaded almost at the 2 month marker... will it ever go away? Only slighly goes away at certain tmes but it is with me for the majority of the day. Does anyoe else have this long term lightheaded feeling. it all started after i had a series of severe panic attacks. Before that i was smoking marijuana all day every weekend , and some weekdays for about 2 years.. i quit bu i still have this feeling like i am stoned all the time...its majorly contributing to my health anxiety.
    Hi there

Im sure that this is all jsut your body re adjusting to not having the marijuana in your system. I would imagine it could last for ages and will probably feel a lot like being panickiy and stoned because i think your body realeases lots of adrenaline and stuff when it is compensating for a change like stopping a drug and trying to rebalance its self.

I would just keep calm and be proud of yourself for smoking so much less now

Lisa
    xxx

Got to agree, it is a symtom, which I don't like at all.

Red

Ive not had this light headedness before and it's really freaking me out I just feel really spaced out. Especially when I'm stood up I'm so worried it's something more serious as these seems to be a new symptom :( x

If your worried, go to see the GP and they can do some blood tests to rule out anything else. I'm sure it's just anxiety as I have felt like this for weeks as well.

I get lightheaded and dizzy more when my anxiety is high...I have had it so bad that I have seen stars and had to sit down. I used to think it was pregancy, but I was never pregnant. It is a cycle...your anxiety makes you have physical symptoms which scare you and make you have more symptoms which causes more anxiety and more symptoms....see where I am going with this? You have got to try to relax so that the physical part will subside...either that or learn what your symptoms are and how they are related to anxiety. Then when you have them, don't let them scare you so and the cycle will end. Good luck...by the way...my hubby used to spoke pot many times a day and it does not cause long term damage like you are mentioning. Your feelings are from anxiety

Thread Information