Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

I was upset and very annoyed to see two threads started last night attacking the admins and specifically Sandy (eeyorelover)

I don't think some members appreciate the time and effort that goes into looking after NMP - both the forum and the chat room.

The admins work together to keep the forum an enjoyable and safe place to be and we also work closely with the chat mods who do a fantastic job of keeping the chat room the same.

I don't think people realise that when a thread gets out of hand and nasty that the admins get the backlash from it and the many PM's and emails asking why we are letting it carry on and are not doing anything about stopping it or removing it.

We then make a decision between us and one of us will close it.

Sandy and Laura are the only two admins on NMP overnight as they are in the US and a lot of the arguments continue into the late evening / early morning so they are left alone to monitor and watch any threads that are getting out of hand.

Members need to understand that when things get heated on here it can really upset people and we do get members leaving NMP as they say they cannot believe we allow such posts to be allowed to stay on the forum and do nothing about them. We decide whether to close/delete a thread based on not only the rules but feedback from members as well.

Everyone has a choice to be here or not and if you don't like the rules then you should move on to another forum rather than stay here and post nasty comments about the admins and/or chat mods.

I do not want to lose any of the admins or chat mods as they do a fantastic job on here but posts like the ones done last night obviously have an effect on them and they are afterall human as well.

I just want to personally thank the admins and chat mods who do a fantastic job and I really do appreciate their help and support. Without them NMP would not function as well as it does.

Thanks for reading.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

hey nic!
    i really hate it when this happens you all have so much to do and cope with yet give your time volentarily to keep this site up and running.
    i want to say a huge thank you and send to all of you that keep this site together.
    like you say you are all human and you are all sufferers just like us.
    you all do a fab job, and with out you lot i have no idea where i would be right now.
    i know its easy for me to say but please try not to let these people knock you down as there are many many of us that think the world of you ok...

Well said Nic,

I was around last night too and was shocked to see Sandy getting attacked in a thread. There was no need for that attitude what so ever! Im pleased the thread got deleted before it went around in circles yet again!

Like you say Nic the admins/chat mods do a great job here on NMP, i dont think they get the gratitude they deserve at times which really upsets me.

You all keep up the good work ! your all stars in my eyes ! thanks for making the site run as good as it should !

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

I agree, admins and chat mods do a great job !!

As people will notice, the later it gets in the day, the higher the forum volume becomes.

Even one problem on the forum can create so much work 'behind the sceens', that you have my word on, however there is NEVER just the one to deal with. So when the forum is just left with the one or even two admins at that time of night and posts begin to kick off, then believe me, those gals work damn hard to make sure things settle down as quick as possible.

It is our job to close posts that cause offence.
    It is our job to stop conflict.
    It is our job make sure the site is ran efficiently and professionaly.

Sandy 110% did the correct thing in closing the post. ANY of the other admins would have done the same. I think it was cruel and unfair that she was named the way she was.

Regards

Lisa
    x

I copied this from honeybee3939 (sorry) I could not find any better words to add

Like you say Nic the admins/chat mods do a great job here on NMP, i dont think they get the gratitude they deserve at times which really upsets me.

You all keep up the good work ! your all stars in my eyes ! thanks for making the site run as good as it should !

Well done and A big thank you
    for all the (unseen /unnoticed) work you do
    Best wishes
    June

Rules are rules and are there for a reason.Personally i dont see why its necessary to be so personal,we all have our opinions but their is a way of expressing yourself surely ?without causing people to get upset.The Admins and Chat mods do a very hard job and have to make decisions which they see fit.People need to respect that.They make this site a great place to be ! WELL DONE and thankyou you all do a great job.. SUE

I can't understand why anyone would want to cause such stress to the admins and poor sandy to have to put up with this, its just not on, its not right and it certainly isn't fair.

Sandy you do a fantastic job just as the rest of the admins do!

di xx

Honeybee and myself as admins from the past both know only too well how hard it can be at times.

I didn't read the post last night but can only echo what's just been said - admins tread a thin line and always aim to come from the stand point of understanding and responsibility.

They can't please all of the people all of the time but boy they don't half try and for that they deserve our thanks and support!

Love Piglet
    Last edited by Piglet; 15-04-09 at 23:15. Reason: me gramma wos wrong

Just giving my support to admin and mods and even Blondy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information