Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

Re: Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

Jaco you MUPPET!!!!!
    XXX

Didn't see the nastiness. Hope you ok Sandy. It's not nice being under attack for doing your job. And you do a fine job (against all odds - cos' we don't make it easy for you !).

I think it is unacceptable if people leave No More Panic because of the lack of tact and manners of others.

This is a place to help us to heal, not to argue and I am sure the admins work a hell of a lot to keep it going.

Troublemakers should realise that their behaviour makes people's anxiety worse and that is unacceptable.

"A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships."

If I saw a thread where someone slags the NMP admins off I would unleash the fabled PsychoPoet ninjtitsu upon them. NMP has been a lifeline to me over the last month, I'm not having anyone threaten it or its staff!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I dont know what happened last night and I dont go into the chatroom very often But when I have gone in searching for help, the staff have always helped me. Onced I asked for help everyone was busy in chat and no one noticed my plee I was just about to leave the chat room when one of the moderators saw me and responded. I cant remember her name but I was so gratefull. I think you all do a wonderfull job.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much.

If it wasn't for the admin and moderators on here we really wouldn't have such the great site that we all benefit from and is a lifeline to so many......so thanks guys

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

Exclamation Re: Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

Contrary to what my original name was on here I'm not much of a talker, here in the Forum or in Chat, but today, just once, I'm going to try and live up to that name.

I'd just like to start by adding my support for the Admins & Mods too.

Personally I don't like to see folk upset, especially if I had unintentionally did it or was a part of what caused them upset, I've practically ran away each time it's happened. In the past on Chat I have literally stuck my foot in my mouth on 3 occasions, by not realising Members have phobias which they can't bear to hear, see or even think about as it brings back horrible memories for them. I myself suffer nightmares every night because of what has happened in my life so far and many other Members on here do too.

Sadly, today, I was told of something that happened in Chat a couple of nights ago where practially all those in there turned on one Member. That would be a nightmare if it were to happen to any of us. I was told of the incident today and the fact that this one Member has done something that many of us have done or thought about doing when things get real tough. I sincerely hope they pull through it as I did.

I mention the above because even though I may have unintentionally goofed in the past I condemn the behaviour of all who were involved in turning against that one member as well as the incident on the Forum last night. All of us (Members/Admins & Mods) come here for help and support, not to become the focal point of a barrage of abusive comments.

I honestly do not know who was involved in that incident in Chat or the incident in the Forum where folk turned on Sandy, and to be honest I really do not want to know for I couldn't bear the thought that Members I call friends could have been involved. I would be so ashamed I could not restrain myself from comment so I personally do not want to know.

I will say this though to all who were abusive in both incidents...

You should be ashamed of yourselves and that you too should remember why you came here originally, for help & support.

If you think of continuing that dreadful behaviour expressed during these incidents then I, and probably many many others, would rather you left No More Panic immediately, because all you're doing by these incidents is destroying the very thing that can provide help & support for not only others but yourselves too in the future, you may find yourself alone when you need help the most.

To all Members/Admins & Mods I'd like to say this...

We all need No More Panic, the Site, the Forum & the Chat for the Help, Support & Comfort it brings, we would not be here otherwise.

Together we all make No More Panic what it is and if we start turning on ourselves then we will destroy it completely and leave us all alone in the dark.

Members support the Admins & Mods, Admins & Mods support the Members.

We all support each other, it's what makes No More Panic what it is.

That's all I have to say, now I'll return quietly back in to the shadows.

Thank you for reading, take care and be safe all.

Rousel has a great point about people who basically use and abuse the system.

I came on here to relax with anxiety and nearly all i have seen is other people attacking each other. Now we all know that this wont help anyone progress.

The Mods and Admin staff can do all they can at the moment, and they are doing a great job in bringing up subjects like this...

This is bullying people, you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

I have only been in a few nights as i always tend to fall asleep with the chat on, but this really has to stop now!

Sadly, today, I was told of something that happened in Chat a couple of nights ago where practially all those in there turned on one Member. That would be a nightmare if it were to happen to any of us. I was told of the incident today and the fact that this one Member has done something that many of us have done or thought about doing when things get real tough. I sincerely hope they pull through it as I did.

Rousel.....

Apologies but i just need to correct this if you don't mind.

Yes there was an incident in the chat room where an argument broke out.
    No, NOT every member in there turned on this person.
    In fact 3 members apologized for causing offence to the member.

No one is accountable for what this member then did. I'm sorry if that sounds rather harsh but it was an argument between members in a chat room. What happens when a member leaves the chat room is an individual choice, no one else is responsible for that.

Can we again reassure members that we have investigated the chat logs thoroughly and appropriate measures have been put in place to stop further problems of this nature.

Kind regards

Lisa
    NMP Administrator

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information