Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amitriptyline

Amitriptyline

Have any of you heard of the prescription med amitriptyline? Is it any good for panic? A friend gave me some and I am debating whether or not it may or may not be helpful.

AK47

hi ak
    i must admit i hav,nt heard of it as to be honest i stay away from any form of med as it scares me to death but as it was prescibed for your freind and not you i wouldnt take it, if it is helping her and you want to give it a go mayby suggest it to your gp.
    take care hun
    love michelle xxx

Do not take any prescripotion medicine that was not prescribed for you.

It is potentially dangerous and extremely unsafe practice to borrow drugs.

There is some information on our home pages about it.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi AK47

I agree it is not safe to take medication which has been prescribed for someone else.

Should you want to consider taking some kind of medication for the anxiety and panic I would suggest you see your own doctor to discuss this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Please don't take meds that you haven't been prescribed. This isn't a good drug anyway, except for depression. I would recommend you go to the doc and speak to him, also ask about cbt and try doing some yoga, mediatation and exercise to help yourself,

Good luck hun,

Email me if you want to chat,
    love Jane x

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

Thanks all of you for your responses. I will give my friend the pills back. I have an appointment at the doctor's on Friday so I will chat to her more then and ask for more medication and explain just how bad I am feeling.

AK47

Well done on that good decision.

Then not only do you get something she thinks is suitable for YOU but also you get to tell her how you are.

Take a list of questions so you don't forget the details of what you wnated to tell her.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Hi Ak

My GP put me on this drug for PA, anxiaty I was on a very small amount 10mg. I did not think it help at all, this site help me more[^]
    After finding this site went back to GP and asked if I could come off them right away. She said it was such a small amount that I could come of the right away.
    Meds like these should only be taken if given by a GP.
    Let us know how you get on at the doc's

TAKE CARE

WISHING YOU WELL

LOVE JILLXXX

I saw my GP and she thinks that my intense anxiety will calm down over time, even though I have had Panic Disorder/OCD since I was fourteen it has been at a livable level for most of the last eight years. It was being a stupid idiot and taking that speed overdose that has made the levels horrendous and made me doubt reality, which is my main fear at the moment that reality is a kind of dream or simulation. However normally I am grounded in reality despite having a livable anxiety disorder so she says I will just need a little time to settle down after the fright of the drug induced panic. Until I'm back at my normal level of anxiety I have had my dose of citalopram increased and I have diazepan for emergencies, which is most days right now. If I have not improved in the next two weeks then she will try and get me some counselling. However she seems positive, as does everyone that knows me, and they think that this heightened level of panic is just a temporary state. There is no way I will ever take any drugs again, recreational or otherwise, not prescribed from the doctor because they are a bet with your mind.

Check to see that nobody is escaping
    To Desolation Row.
    (Bob Dylan)

~AK47~

AK,

You hadn't mentioned that speed intake before ..

If you've had panic for that length of time I think you should be having some therapy help for it anyway.

Derealization is a tempory phase and will pass when you settle.

Glad to hear your choice of not taking any more recreational drugs

Meg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information