Thread: Hiya Im really new here

Hiya Im really new here

I've just stumbled on this website and find it very comforting.
    Im a 24 yr old women from Norfolk and have a 2 year old son and have been suffering mild panic attacks for a year.
    I say mild, its normally when im in a shop, long way from home, unfamilar places, people come round and Its just me they've come to see!!
    I get dizzy, hot, tired, cant swallow, upset stomach! Normally have to take diarea medicine to control the stomach which I hate having to do.
    I recently went for help as felt as I was clinging on to normal life by my fingertips.
    I've been going to see a councilor and I feel its helped abit in the way that thinking positive in the mind really does effect the body.
    ANY HOO....just wondered if any one is like me in the sense that im trying to over come this without the need of drugs.?
    My main reason is I'd like another baby and wouldnt feel right being on drugs and I dont really like taking any sorts of pills anyway.
    Sorry for the long read thanks for bearing with me

Re: Hiya Im really new here

Hi and welcome..
    I'm sure you'll find lots of help, advice and support here

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Hi there and to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, take care xx

Hi Eastanglianmummy,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes

Hello, Welcome to NMP , You will find information on the main menu relating to panic attacks , you could maybe think of natural remedies on the menu too , i understand you do not wish to take prescribed meds good idea if you want another baby good luck and best wishes Dusky x

Thread Information