Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise and panic attacks

I suggest you JFDI and write something or I might be tempted to move this one there instead. Lol

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Well done on all your progress Trev. I know it is hard to pat yourself on the back but all the professionals told me to do all the time.

If I went on a bus I had to congratulate myself, if I went in Tesco's shopping I was to buy myself a treat.

We are sometimes all too quick at putting ourselves down and in fact we need to be kind to outselves and accept praise when it is due.

I definitely feel a success story coming from you!!!!! Keep at it ok you are doing so well.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg.........lol.
    Nic, I'm Olympic standard at putting down my achievements. I am starting to loosen up though and get in touch with my feminine side a bit more..........to a point. I wouldn't look good in a skirt!!!
    Mico, based on your advice I am going to play 5 a side tonight for the first time since before all this kicked off (no pun intended!). I'm going to take it steady and try not to worry about sensations and see how it goes. It's at 8pm so I just need to not build it up in my head as anything major (he says as the thoughts rise!!!).

Meg, if the football goes OK then I will promise to post in the success area!

Good luck with it Trev.

Just remember that it's all anxiety. 5 a side I would imagine is pretty strenuous, but that aside anxiety is harmless. You probably will reach a point where you get dizzy, maybe other sensations too, I used to get a little disorientated with this, and that did feel worrying to me. But then, you've just got to keep plodding along, and most likely you will continue feeling crap but you're making a big step if even you don't realise it. You may even still feel a little crap and worn out the next day (anxiety does have a tendancy to tire your body and mind), but your brain will be beginning to register that you can go through these experiences and it is these very experiences, as I said before, that will help you recover. Each one gets easier. As you say, just take it easy and at your own pace, but if confronted by anxiety just remind yourself that it is harmless and move your mind back to the game.

Take care

mico

Cheers, will let you know how it goes.

Good luck with it!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Have a lovely evening Trev - I will be thinking of you (couldn't join you in this one as I don't do shorts) Lol!!

Let us know how it goes!

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks guys. Just over an hour to go. Will let you know how it went when I get back.

Well, back in one piece. It went really well.
    I had some of those "heart missing a beat" feelings, especially at the start, but tried to just ignore them. Got into the game OK but took it steady. It's actually 7 a side which meant I could let other people do a bit more of the work. But basically I didn't get any panicky feelings. I went there fairly confident after reading your replies and in a way I found it easier because it was a game I think. It's the distraction thing again I suppose. On the bike I was just aware of me but playing the game meant that I was less able to think of how I was feeling.
    So I'm really happy with that. Looks like it could be regular football again.
    Thanks for the help guys.
    I hope you have all had a good evening.
    Cheers,
    Trev

Hi Trev

That's brilliant - bet you feel well chuffed!

I took notice of what you said about how fast you walked around the park so when I went for my evening stroll around the block I power walked the last half. I was really pleased as I didnt feel at all scared. Tonights evening walk was totally anxiety free (cant wait till it feels like that by day too) and good to push myself a little and not keel over too!!!! LOL

Love Piglet

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information