Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise and panic attacks

Excellent Trevor .

Hurrah - another connection made between thoughts and feelings and how your mind fabricates and justifies the connection between them ...

Big progress !

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Nice one Trevor. just goes to show it isn't always as difficult as you think it will be, the anticipatory anxiety is often the worst.

Keep it up.

Well done Piglet too.

mico

well done Trev

Well done Piglet

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Thanks alot guys.
    Yes, I am feeling really pleased with myself. It's a major stumbling block overcome.

Thanks Meg and Mico for your helpful comments. I wouldn't have done it otherwise. Meg, I will post a message in Success Stories about my experiences since the fateful day of 4th November 2004 through to my current point if you think it would be useful to others???

Piglet, good on you mate. That's brilliant stuff. Keep moving forward and build it up. You'll soon be jogging round the block!! Go for it. If I can do it, you can do it. Has your trampette arrived yet?

Cheers,
    Trev

Yes please.....

I can see how many hits the stories pages get and its way,way up there.

Firstly everyone wants to find something similar to them that they can relate to and then they want to find some hope...Every story and post helps provide that.

Ta

Hi guys,

Thanks Mico (see you in chat later) and thanks Mandie - it was lovely not to have any twinges last night emotionally and physically. LOL

No Trev, no trampette today - I waited in in the morning but have been out to the beach this afternoon. Almost certain it will come tomorrow now, I just hope we are going to be good friends and it doesnt feel like bouncing me to kingdom come !!!

Love Piglet

OK Meg, I'll give it a go. I'll try to be as brief as poss but cover the full course of events that happened to me. If it helps one person it will be worth the time.

Piglet, what a beautiful day for the beach. Must be nice living near the coast. Hope you had a great day.

Cheers,
    Trev

Meg, I know I've not posted yet in success stories but had a very bad week. It was started by going to a funeral last Friday of someone close and probably made worse by the subsequent hangovers. As I felt like I'd slipped right back it didn't seem appropriate to post a success.

However, on the positive side I've decided to try and go running each morning in the park to try and lift spirits. Based on the advice here I thought it's got to help, and after the football success I feel more confident. I ran this morning and it went OK. It did actually make me feel better after a while. The chest/neck/arm pains are still present at the moment but at least the leg pains now give them something to compete with! Hopefully the top pains will dwindle away and play with the leg pains! So I will have a go at posting in success.
    I'm going to give consideration to knocking the drink on the head for a little while as well as I've noticed that I'm much worse with a hangover. With a friend's stag do coming up this may prove difficult though......however, nothing is impossible I suppose. I mentioned it to him to sound him out and he said he is just happy that I'm going to come so don't worry. I'm not worried about him now but it's what to say to the other 10 on the stag???

Cheers,
    Trev

Hi Trev,

Sorry you've had a bad week mate - good decision on the running though.

Little update on me and my rebounder (don't use that trampette word now as seems to cause much confusion and silliness) we've bonded really well and I've got out of breath and raised my heart rate for the whole of this week. I loved the fact that apparently 30 seconds was the advised time for beginners (even I can do 30 seconds).

During the 7 days its been here I've now increased this to 5 mins 3/4 times a day and I love it. Think I could bounce all day actually (erm)!

It was reading your post about going round the park and speeding things up that got me going on this, so thank you for spurring me on, it really helped.

Pips hun if you read this apparently rebounders dont work so well if they dont come out of the garage. Lol.

Love Piglet x[8D]

Hi Piglet,

thanks for your post. It was a rough week but I suppose it was always going to be. Just exagerated a bit by my current situation I suppose. It's scary how you can swing back so much but at least I think I understsnd why it happens now which is (more than) half the battle I suppose.

Glad to hear you got your "rebounder" through, but one thing, when you say, "we've bonded really well", aren't you supposed to do the exact opposite!!!!!!
    Seriously though, I'm really pleased that you're doing so well with it. 20 mins a day is fantastic as they can be quite knackering I think. So Piglets do fly after all.
    It makes me feel really good to know that you took some inspiration from my efforts as well. Thanks for that.
    In actual fact, you've actually helped yourself indirectly because it was alot to do with your Pooh "what if a tree fell on me...........what if it didn't" quote that got me fired up to do it in the first place!! I use it loads now. Instead of thinking "what if?" I've started thinking "what if it didn't?" in it's place and I find it works really well. I've stopped a few panic attacks getting going with that one so that's all thanks to you. Cheers.

P.S. Keep bouncing. Are you going to change names to Zebedee soon then?

Trev

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information