Thread: get your heads around this

get your heads around this

hi all , i have got a few fears like i cant be inside a car unless i drive , i cant be to far from home unless i know the area were i am going to , restaurants are a nightmare for me , but this one is the one most freakin me out , ive flown on planes about ten times and had no problem , in 2005 i went to ibiza got on plane fine , flew to ibiza fine , week holiday no problem , got on plane to come home sat in seat and that was it a two and half hour flight home joined with a panic attack all the way back . i cant get my head round it coz planes never bothered me until my last flight and ive never been on plane since , can anyone help or understand this its really annoying coz i now worry like hell of not ever going back on holidays or planes in case i flip out .. its not the plane its feeling trapped

Re: get your heads around this

I can sort of empathise here with you...I used to really love flying....WELL that is until my anxiety and depression really kicked in 6 months ago......We went to Disney Land early March, I had no excitement before hand, In fact I felt nothing....GOT on the plane and flew out there fine...NO PROBLEMS, Coming Back was a truly differnt matter, again got on the plane fine.....sat there and that was that,

Chest Pain
    Could Not Breathe
    Nausea
    Physically Sick
    Could smell burning

IT WAS HORRENDOUS....I usually go on holiday every year abroad,,,this year I am not booking a holiday - I just daren't risk it

After my rucksack went to Majorca without me in 2000, I've stopped worrying about addiction and just take a diazepam. Honest, I'd never get on a plane without it (and I've never taken one at any other time, even though I usually have them in the house.)

Same happened to me ten years ago, absolutely fine going out there, but a huge panic attack throughout the whole flight home, two and a half hours of it, i was so exhausted when i landed.

Never been on one since, mine was the trapped feeling, knowing i couldn't just get off if i wanted too.

di xx

Exactly the same thats happened to me. No problem at all with flying before, then had a panic attack whilst driving, cant bear being in the car, now cant bear to go on the plane. I do suffer from anxiety so do have diazepam, same fears as the OP, not the flying. But being stuck on the plane and cant get off. My partner has got a job in Penang, and this could actually stop us being together. No way he is coming back, so I would have no choice than to go, and its 13 hour flight.

Thread Information