Thread: anyone suffer from stomach pain?

anyone suffer from stomach pain?

I have IBS but since I have been on venlafaxine 75mg it has stopped the runs so much so that I am always constipated and take docusate capsules to help it. Anyway nothing seems to help much and I have been suffering from terrible acid and heartburn lately, I feel so full all the time and like I'm going to explode or overflow if I eat anything. I have put 2 stones on since going on the venlafaxine and now weigh 10 1/2 stones, which is not helping. I've had loads of stress this last year too. I notice that when I eat pasta bread cake or cookies I feel bloated and acidy straight away, thought it may be gluten but I'm ok with wheat cereals. Going to the Dr next week about it as antacids are not working well or for long. Think it may be acid reflux but I'm now worrying about cancers too. I seem to be panicking about my health again which I haven't done for a while now. Does anyone else get reactions from these foods? or get instant heartburn if they bend over or lie down? It has definitely been worse since I had the kids and I had it loads whilst pregnant too, please help I am panicking about this, thanks for reading. Nic

Re: anyone suffer from stomach pain?

Hi Nic,

I have also been diagnosed with IBS and I suffer from food allergies which also tear me apart. I have noticed in the past few years that I'm getting acid reflux too but it runs in my family. The only other time I had it were in my two pregnancies. I try not to overeat and (for me) avoid any foods I am allergic to. You probably do need to go and see your GP if over the counter meds aren't working. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura

Hi Laura
    thanks for that. Which foods do you have trouble with? I seem to be worse with chocolate, cakes biscuits, and I cannot ever eat any sort of pastry, anything heavy or greasy. I have given up meat completely now as I cannot eat any type without a reaction now. Its difficult knowing what to
    eat, I am just eating salads and fruit atm but being careful with them too. I will let you know how I get on
    Nic

Hi Nic,

I'm highly allergic (been tested) to soy, tomatoes and eggs. You just can't imagine how much food those three foods are in, lol. I also stay away from meat because as I get older it just doesn't agree with me. I do try to eat it once a week because I have gotten very anemic three times in my life and have had to take tons of iron so never want to go there again. If you are eating salads I hope you are putting dark greens in them so you will get some iron. I tend to eat a lot of vegetables, some salads as the only dressing I can use is oil and vinegar and I don't particularly like it, (the store bought ones all have soy) and I just found a place where I can buy some bread that doesn't have soy so I don't have to make my own YAY! Over here all the store bought bread has soy. Apparently the stuff is supposed to be good for you except for me, not. I think the best thing is to not get overstuffed and yes avoid greasy fried foods. For me, I tend to get the sickest when I eat things I shouldn't. I will say though, when I was abroad in England and France I did not get ill once! I think you all do not use the preservatives that we do over here and you are much better for it!

Do let me know how you get along, I look forward to hearing from you.

Laura xxx

Thread Information