Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why can't I accept I haven't got Rabies!!!

Re: Why can't I accept I haven't got Rabies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo12 View Post
    Hi glad you're feeling better. I totally understand as I am exactly the same. I have lost count of the amount of times I have imagined I have the wierdest illnesses that logically I know there is no way I could possibly have, but the old anxiety kicks in and imagination runs riot, and suddenly you have all the symptoms. I was bitten by a dog 12 years ago, and at the time they couldn't find the owner and thought it was a stray, it was in the UK, so I was put on the strongest antibiotics, anti tetanus jab etc. I felt sick for the whole of the following week and thought I had tetanus and all sorts. It was only after the second week that common sense started to kick in and tell me if I had that I'd be in a bad way by then, and with that I started to feel better. It then turned out it wasn't a stray and I found the owner, and my mind was then put at rest. Don't worry you couldn't possibly get that in this country its just your mind tricking you. Take care x
    Thanks alot for your reply. I know exactly how you felt when you were bitten by that dog. It was a bit better for me as the dog lived not far from my house and I knew where he lived right from the beginning. I kept saying to my husband "should I go around and talk to the owners" but hubby said "no it's better to leave alone", I do feel he was wrong now! Anyway it all worked out for the best in the end. I do feel these anti depressants I have been put on have helped me alot as well. Thanks again.

Re: Why can't I accept I haven't got Rabies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stressed32 View Post
    Scarecrow- I am glad your working through it. Please know you are among others who worry about things like that too. My family thinks I am a NUT! I can't get HIV worries out of my head, and yes I have had a - test It is HA....I do not know much about rabies but I know that if their dog had it, it would have been foaming at the mouth right...you know sick looking?
    Try to stay strong and please please....stay off of google or they will have your leg falling off...smile
    Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you have HIV worries, I think we have anxiety over illnesses that terrify us the most, it's a horrible feeling to go through.

You're right about googling, like lots of others it's one of my worst failings!! it's not good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information