Thread: First night alone! Advice Needed! Urgent

Exclamation First night alone! Advice Needed! Urgent

Evening all. well my partner is at work doin a night shift, normally i would have him home with me at night as my panic disorder/fear really hits me bad when goin to bed. tried to get some sleep with some radio in the background earlier but my mind wouldnt stop thinking the worst...like wot if my heart just stops..who will know...how will i scream with no heart rate.....just scary things. The more you think about it the worst it gets. and if i dont think about it then my panic attack will strike me. ive taken the max allowed does of my lorazpam but its not working. taken 4 already. which my doc told me that all im allowed. PLEASE HELP

Re: First night alone! Advice Needed! Urgent

Hi i'm the same i'm led in bed unable to sleep through anxiety the only difference is that my husband's snoring his head off at the side of me, but a heavy metal group could be playing next to him and he's sleep through it!

It's horrid this anxiety, i'm sure we will both be ok...roll on Monday when the GP surgery is open so i can go and hopefully get sorted.

Take care

Trish x

hi trish,

its just so hard to switch off at night...i get this every single night and its really making me stressed. my therapist told me i can beat it but unless my brain got an on and off switch i dont think i can. i lay there one min my mind concretating on getting confortable then next im thinking im not goin to wake up because my heart rate is slow/fast or heavy. my therapist told me to put some music on but it dont help. not for me. but im eagle not to give up but its just seems like a lifetime battle

Hi Daniel

sorry to hear yr suffering.

i hate going sleep at nite. i cant bear to be in the bedroom when its dark and quiet. my mind thinks allsorts and then i start to panic.

Once again im in the living room with tv on. im lucky if i fall asleep by bout 4 these days :(

i really wish i could give u advice, but im struggling to

love mandie x

trish - sorry that u going through it to

mandie x

What our we like eh?? HA sucks and i'm sooooooooo peed off with it...think i was born a size 16 and born worried!!

I'm gonna try and sleep now but i don't fancy my chances, my head is buzzing!

Goodnight both, i hope it's not too long before you get some rest soon

Trish x

I'm bad in night. I've moved my living room round cleaned the kitchen hoping to say I'm off to bed but on settee with tv on. I sleep with my tele on in the bedroom u got light and sound.
    Try reading a book or do some quizzes on line, stop u thinking thoughts and hopefully get u tired. Its nothing worse having panic attacks and being tried.
    You be fine hun nothing going to happen to you,

Hi
    I know how you feel. Its awful isnt it? I am still awake with the lights on
    My partner is away with the TA from Fri morning and back Sun night. I am left on my own and agoraphobic too He is away for 2 full weeks soon too That will be a nightmare!
    I hate being alone in the house overnight but what I do is keep my mind focused on reading, or being on the net, watching a dvd, playing music, doing anything to keep my mind occupied...anything to distract myself from thinking too much about being on my own.
    I just cant relax when I am on my own at night - thats why I am still awake. It was a week ago that I had another panic attack - I am dreading having one when I am on my own.
    Last edited by PoppyC; 18-04-09 at 12:37.

Im in living room, radio on and now i feel really panicky. I was ok earlier. It just suddenly hit me as it does.

i feel dreadful :(

mandie x

Thread Information