Thread: Tips That May Help You...

Tips That May Help You...

Somethings I've learned so far from researching and experiencing pa.

AIR HUNGER.
    Its terrible we feel like we can't get enough air in any tingle in the body we think its because we not breathing. When it gets bad breath in count to 7 try and hold your breath for 15 sec if you can, then breath out count to 11. After doing 3 to 4 try then to distract yourself. If you find that hard try talking to yourself or anyone, may be hard at first but it works.
    People breath 14 breaths per minute on average if you find yourself hyperventerlation and going dizzy then bring your breath down to 10 per minute.

PANIC ATTACKS.
    When your having a panic attack or anxiety attack, put it on a scale of 1-10 10 being the worst. Write it down if you can't lable it to yourself, this will not only distract you from your panic attack, but next time you might scale it lower.
    The biggest solution would be to try and remember what you was thinking or watching, or talking about that triggers it to start. Cause we then feel our arm go or chest go tight and we think oh god here we go. I talk to myself oh my chest has gone tight ill give it a little rub now that will release some of the tenstion. We need to stop thinking the worst.

DEPREALIZATION.
    Yes we feel like the world is on strange place, we are strange people around us are strange.the way they look talk act, its hard to explain but for us that's had it.
    Running on the stop will help. Rubing your hand gently accross sand paper helps. And if you carry photos of loved one and look at them has been proven to help.

ANXIETY THOUGHTS.
    These thoughts are like child like thinking the things we worry about or things we might have thought about or even asked about when we younger. Or something a child would be asking about, like how does this work,why do we breath why is our tongue stuck. But now we are older and wiser we already know the answer but we anaylise it till it blue in the face. Like how often to I need to breath what if I just stop etc.
    The best way is distraction. If your on setee and thoughts come I jump up start singing something quitely is someone there and go to look at something or go outside to the shop anything. Crossword books brill that's all u concentrate on your already using your thinking, don't rely on tele it can't distract u that much.

DEPRESION
    Don't want to get out of bad, you feel drained not motivation, emotional but if like me try to hide it which is worse, you feel unworthy.
    Well I've been reading claire weeks. And we need to get our confidence and self asteem back to what it use to be, or what you want it to be.
    Repeat after me. I AM A STRONGE AND WORTHY PERSON and again 10 times please in a mirror and outload if you can.
    Write it down I'M AM A POWERFUL AND LOVING PERSON. I AM WORTHY AND I AM LOVED. Put them everywhere if you can. Bathroon, fridge, bedroom, car or on paper and carry it in your bag. This also works for negitive thoughts if you here the chatterbox in side us coming out with what if...... no can't to that...... then repeat the powerful sentences.

Remember life is fear but if you think about it nothing is that scary. We need to FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY. Claire weekes.
    Whether it leaving your confort zone trying something new everyone goes through it and feel fear its part of life.

Retraining the way we think by using words, doing challenges and seeing the good in everything, driving in car what a beauiful view what a fabulous .............. we can retrain them
    I'm not sure if I missed anything out cause I'm doing this on my phone. But if I remeber anything ill post.
    Thanks

Re: Tips That May Help You...

Thank you very much for all those tips, i will be trying them out.
    Thanks once again im sure it will help a lot of people on this forum who are suffering with horrible air hunger.

Thanks, yes I've seen thread on air hunger also mine. I think its the worst symtom I've had it seems to stick with you. I've been trying these out a while now and if I think I'm not breathing I hold my hand to my mouth so when I breath out I feel the air It calms me. When we hyperventerelate we can breath upto 20 odd per min when it normally 14 bringing it down to 10 really works and calms you down let me know how you get on and I'm open to more tips, it helps.

Thank you its really quite interesting and very useful information,,,,,

Thread Information