Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

Re: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

well i had my first hypnic or whatever there called wednesday night,,and now i know why how cool,,,thankyou

Re: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

Thanks for the reassurance as i have suffered from these for years and used to get them every night. I get the odd one still during the day too. Its so frightening when i get them when i wake up and my body starts shaking and i start having a panic attack from the shock of it all.

I followed the links to find out more about this as I too have experienced loud explosions in my head, they always wake me and seem to come with a flash of light too.

I've had these for a few years, thought it was only me and that I was crazy or weird. Glad I'm not the only one I've never been scared of them, mine often comes with breathing trouble, and sometimes happen in every sleep-try, so I can't fall asleep. It helps going out and take a glass of milk or water, then back to bed.

can anyone tell me if they get these shocks every night on falling asleep i am on ads but not withdrawing there scary

I too get these. Usually when I'm trying to get to sleep. It's pleasing to know that they are common

I don't get the explosion but its very violent, I thought it was down to using the pc to much (i test software) but taking days off made no difference.
    It does depend on how tired I am, if I go to bed around 10 they are hardly noticable, 1am the wife ends up on the roof lol, good to know my head and heart aren't going to explode dun arf feel like it at times!
    I think stress levels have a lot to do with it as well, I'm a bit tightly wrapped at the moment

thanks for the articles, they are a great help

The links were helpful, but I'd research further than WikiPedia. WikiPedia is not necessarily correct. Follow the links at the bottom and read information on reliable medical sites (MayoClinic, etc.) especially if you have pain as well. Of course, like many things, once you know why it happens if can subside as stressing over things can make them a self-fulfilling issue. I have them and some of them are related to nerve issues caused by herniated discs i my lower back and neck. Because of the spine issues I have had my brain and entire spine MRI's and X-rayed lately.

Well i never. No doctor has been able to tell me this.

Hypnic jerks are the cause of my worst attacks.

Lets see what happens next time now i know what they are.

It always amazes me how when i can be laid awake so freaked out to sleep that i then come on here and read all the wonderful advice by so many brave people and it instantly reassures me and inflates me with confidence almost immediately xx thanks muchly aurora xx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information