Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

Re: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

I no this is a older post but when every one said dizzy do you mean spining or a
    of balance feeling ???

Re: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

I have these usually if im not thinking of anything or just laid still.I get them also in my sleep more of a gasp for air tho scares the hell out of my wife

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessingrantham View Post
    I have these usually if im not thinking of anything or just laid still.I get them also in my sleep more of a gasp for air tho scares the hell out of my wife
    Hi

I get that gasp of air feeling too while sleeping xx

I come on here just to find out about this! yes I get this and its awful but it goes away in time from past experiance anyway
    In Dr Claire Weekes books on nervous illness she talks about a pistol shot or a whip crack or snap type noise just before you fall
    to sleep.
    Also I have read in other books that you can hear a few words spoken or your name shouted out just before you nood off. When
    my depression and anxiety are bad this is a common problem for me but sleeping pills helped because when the crack noise come
    it would wake me up and I could not sleep again so if you really get it bad see your Dr for a short course of sleeping pills : )

Brent

Brent
    Last edited by buffybot; 10-12-11 at 19:37. Reason: added more words

I get this with tramadol not sure if its normal or not anybody know ? x

hI

Quote Originally Posted by Dnvgraphics2k12 View Post
    I get this with tramadol not sure if its normal or not anybody know ? x

Do you mean the head noise? did the problem start when you started to take the tramadol?

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by BasilCat View Post
    Hi there, I too have had "brain zaps" so the post was very reassuring. Also, I have episodes of my balance going and waves of dizziness. Does anyone else experience this? Normally it only last for seconds. I have been told the dizziness is positional vertigo. Wether the brief loss of balance is linked I dont know. Sometimes it wakes me up and sometimes it happens just as I am going to sleep. When I move a bit it seems to stop. Some nights it doesnt happen at all and others it happens a couple of times. It happened last night, the loss of balance I mean. I can do without it. I worry that something is wrong inside my head. Thanks for the brain zaps post though. That was a relief to read that.

Shirley
    I to get dizzy sometimes when nodding off at night, have to have my neck in the right position, not every night though, being tense makes it worse, when it happens it feels like something is fizzing in my neck and i go all light headed (also like someone standing on a hosepipe ) and have to sit up, it then calms down, I have tried to stay laying down but it just gets worse, have mentioned it to GP they say its probably a muscle spasm in my neck, but sometimes it can do it 3 or 4 times a night and all you want to do is sleep, horrible sensation. Also when nodding off or waking up can get a funny pattern like a kalediscope but sections move side to side not all in and out like normal, goes as soon as I open my eyes, maybe it is all to do with balance??

Thumbs up Re: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

Bless up Aurora. Can't get on Discovery but Wikapedia is so reassuring. It's a new symptom for me, and I thought I was going mad.

Thumbs up Re: Read this if you're worried about jolts or "brain zaps" when falling asleep!

Hi, I am new to this site and I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that has posted about these jerks that I get most nights when I lie down. I have been through loads and loads of different types of doctors to ask about these and every single one of them looked at me as if I was mad... when I read these posts and found that other people had them too and explained what they were I cannot tell you how reassured I am feeling. I've had all sorts of tests for inner ear problems/balance/vertigo/migraine associated vertigo/menieres disease and have been told on various occasions that any of these conditions could be the reason for them, but they weren't convinced as they really didn't know.

This seems like a way someone might describe what's been happening to me. To me, though, it's less of a sound and more of a violent numbing of the brain, ear and eyes. Like fainting in fast forward. It has the shape and length of the white noise in the HBO logo card they play before HBO original programming, if the volume were cranked to 11. Despite that description, I still wouldn't call it a sound -- that was just the best analogy I could come up with.

If this is what's happening to me, it helps a little to know it's name, but I'm still terrified of trying to sleep. I've never experienced this before this month and I want this to end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information