Thread: ibs again

ibs again

hi just a bit of reassurance needed, i have had a terrible weekend with ibs pain and bloating again. a lot of the pain is on the left side of stomach and really bloated - look about 5 months pregnant, and it is starting to make me anxious again in case there is something seriously wrong. anyone else suffer the same. i take mebeverine regularly but it is not touching it at the moment - any suggestons gratefully received. thanks everyone.

Re: ibs again

I use a wheat bag on my tummy when bloated helps a lot with pain. I know how you feel hun, sorry you feel like that. big hugs. xxx

just relax, thier is nothing seriously wrong with you, IBS is completly harmless although very annoying. it's symptoms will pass, if you can try and think back om the foods you have eaten and see if you can find any link between foods and spasms, it may just be stress though. Membevirine is good, but not amazingly so, it will not stop all spasming unless you take a very high dose, which is not recommended.

heres some of my suggestions, that sometimes ease my colitis,fresh ginger tea/chinese tea, peppermint tea, and some good probiotics. and drink lots of water.

thanks hendy i will try the herbal drinks and water. like you say it is just really annoying and uncomfortable, i know deep down it will go,it has in the past but at the time the same old panic just starts to creep in. have a good day

Hi Jackie

Not sure if you have read the IBS website page on the left - it was written by Pips and a few others that suffer IBS so it may help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My IBS pains are often on the left hand side too. I agree with the wheat bag suggestion which helps a lot. I hope you are feeling better soon

Thread Information