Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back from breast clinic - cant stop crying

Back from breast clinic - cant stop crying

Hi guys, i am devestated after being seen by the breast doctor who felt my lump and said he wasnt concerned as i have just had a baby etc but will send me for an ultrasound any way. Had the ultrasound and i can only describe what looked like a big jelly bean was on the screen she said theres some doubt wether its a cyst of not and needs to biopsy it straight away. I had that done which i cried all the way through and then need to wait until friday for the results. If it was nothing to worry about why did it need to be biopsyed, why have i got no answers? and i am now petrified its breast cancrer. I feel so sick & cant stop crying help!

Re: Back from breast clinic - cant stop crying

hi tash

i will give you a hug first i would say try calm down but i know i would be feeling the same way hun

but try thinking no amount of worry will do anything but make you feel ill ect ,i would think they have done the biopsy just to make sure ,i mean they can not let you go just thinking it is a cyst or a fatty lump even .
    i guess they are just making sure of what it is and what they are going to do about it .

jodie xxx

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    Hi guys, i am devastated after being seen by the breast doctor who felt my lump and said he wasnt concerned as i have just had a baby etc but will send me for an ultrasound any way. Had the ultrasound and i can only describe what looked like a big jelly bean was on the screen she said theres some doubt whether its a cyst of not and needs to biopsy it straight away. I had that done which i cried all the way through and then need to wait until friday for the results. If it was nothing to worry about why did it need to be biopsied, why have i got no answers? and i am now petrified its breast cancer. I feel so sick & cant stop crying help!
    It has to be biopsied not because it is anything iffy but to put your mind at rest.

Awwww Tash,

So sorry you're so unhappy today. Not a nice thing to have to go through, but at least it's been done now and you can get some answers.
    They are so on the ball, that if there is anything at all, you'll hear very quickly and get it sorted out.
    Easier said than done, to try and relax till Friday, but terrible waiting for results. Just know we are all rooting for you........

Love PegsX

must be horrible having to wait but im sure there just being cautious, im same ive got a blood test this week and connvinced its going to be bad, think we do when we got ha try to keep your chin up i know its easier said than done if ever need a chat can always pm im part of the furniture here now

amandaxx

Hi

I'm really sorry your so unhappy at the moment.

Hopefully i can give you maybe a little reassurance. I have had to have mamograms in the past for lumps, the last one being i had a lump like a pea, they sent me straight up the hospital which scared me silly as you can imagine, done a mamogram and found it was just mastitis, lots of lumpy breast tissue.
    Although you feel panicked by them sending you up there, at least you are been looked after and cared for, also you would be treated quiclky if need be. Please try not to get into too much of a state, and try to be positive (easier said than done i know) In the meantime my thoughts are with you and i wish you all the good luck in the world.

Tash, she used the word cyst, not tumor. Like everyone else here said, they have to be sure. I also had a biopsy and it was nothing. Many women have fibrocystic breasts which is totally harmless and normal, just lumpy breasts! I just went through a waiting thing too for a week and tried to distract myself with movies, you just take it day by day. I got some helpful suggestions online by typing in "waiting for test results".

Tash try not to panic, although I know how hard that is cos I do it too. As you know I had a cyst in January but 15 years ago I had a lump which wasn't a cyst and I had to have a needle biopsy too. I had to wait two weeks for the results which nearly killed me but everything turned out okay as I'm sure it will do for you too, and it was a fibrodoma or a breast mouse. I chose to have it removed because I knew it would bother me if it was there and had it removed a few months later.

I too had a breast cyst about 18 months ago and like you had a biopsy .... this is just par for the course love and not at all unusual. I also had a mammogram the same day and then spent a very unpleasant couple of weeks waiting for the results.

The way I managed to get through waiting for results was to keep myself as occupied as I could - which also had the effect of me feeling a sense of achievement at the end of each day. I had a massive clear out of all the house which was very theraputic.

Sometimes difficult situations can push us forwards and make us grow.

Love Piglet

Tash - you poor love - you must be feeling so worried. But my lump was also biopsied.... and the wait is so scary. It turned out to be a cyst. But because you are breast feeding it could be anything from fatty tissue to a blocked duct. Try not to panic. We'll be thinking of you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information