Thread: Dont know how good this is but...

Dont know how good this is but...

I just walked to the shop and back while suffering from a mild dose of agrophobia and constant de-realisation. (onlybeen suffering with anxiety for nearly 4 weeks now, so hoping these symptoms will pass pretty quick especially if i start working on them now)

I felt dizzy and i was really bright soo it made it even worse.....and while it was hard and things still dont look anywhere near real....its nice to know that i have done it!

is the best way to get over this to just keep building up slowly everyday now? maybe walk abit further then the shop 2morrow and come back?

Re: Dont know how good this is but...

That's what I find helps. Every little step you take, no matter how small, as long as it's in the right direction, will help. Set yourself targets, like you said, walk further to the shop tomorrow, then the next day somethin else, etc etc. Then you can build up a collection of positive experiences and you always know you did "whatever" the day before, so it's only a little bit more/further. Good luck!

hey guys,

just about to set off to the docs in 15 mins! its a 10 min walk and im already sweating my ass off!!! i feel sooo nervous and sooo panicy already.... how can this be....im not even scared of the outside im just scared of having a panic attack ona street and being really embarrased and needing help!

wish me luck.......4 weeks ago i would have thought this never to be happening :(

I wish you luck Lawton and I am sure you are going to be just fine, little and often for me was the way forward. My biggest worry is having a panic outside the house but once I started working on loosing that worry it got easier each time I went out.

Good luck at the doctors.

Carol

Hey Guys,

I made it!

The walk to the doctors was nerve racking to say the least. i was constantly trying to think of other things. But when i walked through the doors and st down, it really felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders....all of a sudden i felt calm and really like, i know i can overcome this problem. i may have good days and i may have bad days but i did it!

Heres to pushing ourselfs past the point of return, its the only way that i feel so good now! i went out my safety zone and im still in one piece sat here breathing!

Really pleased it all went ok for you.

Those bad days will come less and less as you start to get better and remember when they do come try not to take too much notice of them they will pass.

Well done and keep that positive attitude it will help

Carol

Thread Information