Hi meg

Yes i do realise that seroxat has a short half life and i am aware that some people 'claim' to have been helped by the drug.But i have seen very few postive stories and usually the positive stories are from those whom have never tried to get off the drug or have taken it short term and have used a tapering regime.

I have to disagree with your point about seroxat helping 'substancially more' people than it has hindered. Although there are no official and accurate figures on whom it has helpled and whom it has hindered or damaged. There is clear evidence of withdrawal testimonies on the web and other media. These testemonies and stories of horrific withdrawal and side effects are in their tens of thousands and are well documented. And if we take tens of thousands as a rough figure , we could say that they could well be the tip of the iceberg regarding known reporting of adverse problems with Seroxat.

I also disagree with your point about seroxat having hardly any risk on a steady dose. While stopping abruptly is indeed more risky than tapering and while changing the dose is evidently more risky than continuing on a steady one. The long term side effects on Seroxat on any dose are just emerging in the last couple of years. I would bet my life on the fact that if you were to medically examine all long term users of Seroxat , you would find that not one would be without some kind of permanent neurolgical damage . The problem with Seroxat (and other SSRIs) is that they are relatively new drugs, and with new drugs there come new unknown side effects and unkown long term damage that wont be seen for a few decades of use in the public domain. We are about half way there in discovering the truth about Seroxat , and it is not pretty. There are caes of people taking up to 18 months to withdraw from seroxat. there is the serious problem of protracted withdrawal. and also the evidence of long term damage just emerging.

Glaxosmithkline knew there would be problems for a lot of people on this drug.Yet they failed to warn because it did not fit in with their marketing strategy. They put peoples lives at risk and many have lost theirs due to seroxat induced aggression. I am not pro or ant-drugs for the treatment of mood disorders. But i am concerned with over-prescription, misdiagnoses , misinformation and abuses of the public by psychiatry and greedy pharmaceautical corporations.

The purpose of my first post on this website was to give people a gateway to information that is factual. And that is the purpose of my quest. I have been researching tirelessly for the past 4 years on Seroxat. I am a seeker of the truth. and from what i have found, the truth about seroxat is , the risks by far outweigh the benefits of it as an effective treatment for any condition.

If you look the story and history of Seroxat , you will find a tale so sinister it couldnt be written as believeable fiction, but unfortunately it is all true. ( Check out : www.thepaxilprotest.com )

Abuses by psychiatry are nothing new. And corruption in the pharmaceutical industry is nothing new either. And failure to protect the public by government medical wathchdogs has happened before(like thalidomide). It is the combination of all these factors that resulted in Seroxat. Glaxosmithkline , in 2002, amended the prescribing instructions for Seroxat regarding the withdrawal issue. They officially increased the withdrawal reactions from 1 in 500 people to 1 in 4. Seroxat is like russian roullette... a very dangerous gamble.....

the truth thats so entangled in the lies