Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies!!!!

Hobbies!!!!

hey guys!

What hobbies do you guys have that seem to generally relax you.

When i was 17 (5 years ago now ) i toured america twice in a band as a guitarist and have been playing guitar for 8 years. I love it with all my heart and it really helps me calm down.

Also generally listening to music has a great effect on me too.

whats your hobbys guys?

Re: Hobbies!!!!

Hey Lawton,

I love going for walks, because I really enjoy nature and there is some beautiful countryside where I live. One of my favourite places is on a walk just a two minute drive from my house; my Dad used to take me there when I was little, so it brings back some really happy and loving feelings for me.

Also, I love reading. I think that sort of escapism really stimulates your imagination in healthy ways as opposed to making it dream up horrible anxiety-type things!

Finally, I play the piano, so I can relate to you playing guitar. I think something like that to focus your mind on is really good because it is fun and also it gives you a challenge; something that you have to work hard at but that is also enjoyable, relaxing and rewarding!

What sort of music do you listen to? I am really into Oasis, Elbow, and most recently my boyfriend has gotten me into The Smiths! These are just a few though; I have a really wide range in music tastes and also listen to things like Girls Aloud, Norah Jones and Alanis Morrissette!

Danny xxx

Nothing in particular, I can be a bit random with my hobbies - I tend to go through 'cycles' of interests.

I do enjoy a good movie though! Or the odd gaming session! I really like to watch or play games that allow me to relieve some of my emotions!

Sometimes I will dig out a really sad film just so I can 'release' some of my emotions - if that makes sense. I find that quite theraputic.

Watching t.v ,chatting , dancing and singing, hanging out with friends any time,,,,,,

I love to read, scrapbook, go to the movies and most of all spend time with my family.

Laura

Writing, photography, cars, motorsport, reading, walking, mountain biking, playing Fallout 3

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

My hobbies are walking, cycling,(I live in the countryside so some great places here for that) travelling (uk and abroad) camping, being at the beach (which is why I hate the agoraphobia I have at moment!!!) visiting museums and stately homes and places of interest, reading, music, gardening (not because I am old - but because it relaxes me) anything to do with health, fitness and beauty, cookery, watching films, clothes shopping (is that an hobby??? lol) oh! and not forgetting using the internet to which I am sadly addicted!
    Last edited by PoppyC; 26-04-09 at 01:20.

With life as hectic as it seems to be all the time, I enjoy activities that SLOW THINGS DOWN! I enjoy camping and hunting. Both involve a lot of just sitting, enjoying the outdoors, and being able to relax!

i like reading prob my only hobbie as i cant concentrate on much else atm

I use to have loads of hobbies but one by one i've found i can't get myself to do them anymore, i guess walking my dog and driving my car while listening to some good music cheer me up. I use to be really social, have loads of stuff going on, places to be things to do and see but i've chopped all that off, abit like an arm...it just doesn't exist for me anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information