Thread: Patty cake

Patty cake

Hi,

I'm completely new to the whole world of forums, not just this site.
    I've had depression in the past and it seems strange to me to be joining now when I've finally got it under control.

My sweet, gorgeous, fluff ball Patsy - aka Patty Cake - died yesterday. It was the worst day of my life. I know that sounds melodramatic, I'm sorry. I know some people will say she was just a cat, but she kept me sane.

I felt lost this morning and googled pet loss or something - memory's not functioning well today, for obvious reasons - and this site came up.

I don't know what I'm supposed to say. Do I write about what happened, what I feel, ask questions?

I miss her more than I have ever missed anyone else. I can't believe she's gone and I don't know what I'm supposed to do without her. It was pretty sudden - she was fine and running around 2 days ago.

I don't know what to do.
    For an introduction, this is very morbid. I'm currently in a zombie phase and just feel lost. What do I do?

Re: Patty cake

Hi and welcome

In the words of a blokey student... snap out of it and get drunk!

But in the words of a more sincere final-year student, treat it like any other bereavement possibly? When my Grandpa died, I knew it was coming which helped ease the inevitable burden, but giving him a proper send-off and talking about him helped too, I found.

Of course, everyone has their own ways of dealing with things, so this is only my personal suggestion.

R

Ask me about: Marketing, contract & internet sales law, trucks, indie music, 90's Vauxhalls & 8" subs

Hi,

Welcome to NMP. I'm so sorry for the loss of Patty Cake. We all love our pets so much and they become a member of the family so it is no wonder they you are in so much pain. I know it is a cliche' but time will help and try to remember the happy times. Many here have had losses and will support you.

Take care,

Laura

Hi there and to the site, lots of good advice and support on here and the chatroom is also very good , i'm really sorry at the loss of your pet ive been there and it is difficult cause they are part of the family and part of you, it will get better i promise you..... take care now xx

Hello and welcome to NMP , So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet Patsy , your still in shock and i sincerely hope your feelings become more bearable to handle , best wishes take care Dusky x

Thread Information