Thread: fluoxetine

fluoxetine

I went to the doctors today and was prescriped Fluoxetine. Has anyone tried these? If so do they work? Not sure whether to take them or just struggle on without medical help. Any advice?
    Thanks kazo

hi, I have heared they help a lot of people but everyone is different and have different effects. I had these for about a month but asked if I could use cipralex in place of these as i heared so many good stories about them. TC Vernon

hi kazo, i have been taking fluoxetine for about 2 years now and they have been brilliant. The only side effects i have had were in the first 2 or 3 weeks when i felt very tired and spaced out.

I can only go from my own experience and i know they haven't worked for some people, so if you decide to take them you will obviously have to judge how well they work for you and take it from there.

My GP ensured that i went in to see her a few weeks after i started taking them to let her know how i was getting on. This would probably be a good idea for you too as then you could discuss any worries you have then.

I know that anti-depressants are sometimes seen as just a quick fix to a problem, but i honestly feel that fluoxetine has given me the opportunity to have some control over my thoughts for the first time in a very long while, and now that i can think rationally i have felt capable of looking at my problems in a logical way and finding out other ways to deal with them.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk any more.

Take care,
    mag xx

Hi Kazo

Yes, I ve been on Fluoxetine ( or Prozac ) in the past. It helped tremendously with depression but not with anxiety, but then it's different for everybody. Why not trying and see how it goes?

Florence.

**To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.**

Thread Information