Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice on mixing citalopram and ecstasy

advice on mixing citalopram and ecstasy

Hello there,

I have been taking Citalopram for about 6 months and am generally alright with it. This weekend I am going to a festival and for the first time in ages will be in a situation where other drugs - MDMA and esctasy are available. I did take these drugs a very small amount a couple of yuears back and was fine on them, but wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge about mixing things like ecstacy and MDMA with Citalopram. Obviously the advise will be stay off the illegal drugs, but hey ho no-one's perfect and being a depressive and anxious lady I fancy letting my hair down properly.

Any ideas?

Hi

I can understand that you want a good time and I'm sure you will,[^]
    but I don't think you should be mixing drugs.[V]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Well my opinion is that Ecstacy just on its own is a big enough risk. I cant see how taking it with anything else cant be dangerous. It is dangerous on its own - no matter if you've been fine on them before - there is always that chance that you wont be. My advise is to just stay clear.

Tatty B xx

I hear you!
    I haven't completely given in to the idea of taking anything, I just want to be fully equipped mentally if I do decide to take something.
    I know it sounds like I'm not helping myself, and I've been doing so well putting my life back together again, it's just one of those things where you think 'sod it i wanna get mashed!' ... but might set me back

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I just want to be fully equipped mentally if I do decide to take something</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    However you prepare your mind, the mix of substances will you screw you up badly. Its a chemical effect, not a psychological one.

You can escape and have a fab time without the Ecstasy.

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Well Said Ray, I totally Agree.

Tatty B xx

The trouble with both those recreational drugs is that they are mood altering drugs and you're already on a mood altering drug so the results and long term effects of confusing your brain that much are unpredicatable at least.

The effects of alcohol are transient.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi there,
    As you say, you have been doing so well lately putting your life back together, which we all understand how difficult that can be, please don't ruin how far you have come by mixing meds. i am sure somewhere else you have mentioned seizures, or having seizures (apologies if wrong) but do be so careful, mixing drugs will definately not help! Ok enough of the lectures, have a fantastic time, don't spoil everything you have achieved and do let us know how you get on. (what festival are you going to?) xxxxxxxp.s. none of us are perfect....

I would avoid e at all costs. It really can mess you up. You don't want to regret it - your choice though

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Well I went and I had a good time.
    I'm really sorry, it feels like I've let you all down ... I did take bits and bobs at the festival, and the main reaosn is this:

Being a melancholic and anxious girl I find it incredibly painful and sad when I'm feeling horribly depressed and I can't fit in or interract with other people, and as I'm sure most people who visit this site understand that you can feel very lonely in a room full of your friends. Well this weekend I felt like I just wanted to be 'normal' and do the things that everyone else seems to be able to do with little or no trouble. And I felt quite stable and cheery and wanted to make the most of that feeling and not always be the one saying no.

I'm not about to start behaving this way every weekend, but I don't have any regrets about it. For me it is such a big thing to actually go into crowds and have fun and loose my inhibitions and fears, and just feel like I fit in. I'm not going to do that every time I want to fit in though! That would surely be game over. And I'm not about to start recommending that anyone does take recreational drugs when they're on anti-depressants because all of our brains are so complex and different - and that just from day to day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information