Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic attack/anxiety attack give-aways...

Panic attack/anxiety attack give-aways...

Hey guys,

Do you guys do anything with your bodys or hands when you feel like you are gunna go into a panic attack?

I start rubbing my hands really hard together really hard and strart rubbing my face when i start to get them feelings coming on.

Im wondering whether to stop doing this, as i am associating these movements with a panic attack and when i start doing them i might be making myself believe that im going to have one?

What are your tell tale signs and your advice?

Re: Panic attack/anxiety attack give-aways...

Hi Lawton,

My panic attacks strike me when my pain is bad. It makes me remember the cruel people I had to deal with when my pain was at its worst.

Those people are long gone. My emotions remain. I try to be rational about my emotions. I know I can breathe! Maybe I matter a little? My panic attacks are always gone in minutes. Just have to last a couple of minutes thats all. I can make it a couple of minutes. i know i can!

We can all last the 10 minutes or so of a panic attack, no matter what our fears tell us!

Melody

Hey melody!

Thanks for the reply!

I tottally understand what you are saying. Altho i know the actual panic attack may last 10-20 mins..... i seem to have a big build up to mine......which can be an hour gradually getting worse and worse and then a long come down which can be about 4-5 hours.....so it actually feels like panic attacks to me can last as long as 7 hours!.....Also when i calm down from my panic attack....i still have the constant de-realization to do with....cant describe to you how annoying and hurt i get when i calm down to open my eyes and everything seems soo surreal still.

Im a positive guy tho and i would rather die trying (sorry to be so crude) then not try and live a life i dont want to. So im getting myself out no matter how hard it may be, and im putting myself in situations i know i cant handle or will feel bad....sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt.... but im not gunna be 22 and not see any of my friends again or not experiance the wind blowing against my skin, or the heat of the sun across my face!

Have a great weekend

I have the classic grab to the back of the head/neck area... I often notice people dealing with anxiety and at this point in my life i can spot someone having an anxiety attack a mile away. The funny thing is that people who have not had any real issues with anxiety usually cant tell anything is happening.

when i have one its like going into another world where its just you and the attack and mine seem to last for ages.I often end up at casulty sometimes i will go in and sometimes i will stand outside it makes me feel safe some how cant do that for ever though ill try anything.

Talking Re: Panic attack/anxiety attack give-aways...

HELLO IM VERY NEW TOO THIS IM GLAD I FOUND ALL... IM SOO SCARED AND I AM PANIC RITE NOW IS THERE ANY CURE I HAVE THIS NOW BOUT 5 YEARS IM SOOO SCARED I WANT TOO CONTROL IT

Usually the first second I feel an attack coming I jump up and grab my head..and pull my hair back tight...this is a dead giveaway to my husband, he knows exactly whats going on...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsntRich View Post
    I have the classic grab to the back of the head/neck area... I often notice people dealing with anxiety and at this point in my life i can spot someone having an anxiety attack a mile away. The funny thing is that people who have not had any real issues with anxiety usually cant tell anything is happening.
    hey what do you mean by this? i think i get something similar but can't describe it. also .. sometimes at night when about to sleep, always when laying down.. i feel suddenly like i can't move, can't breathe, and it only lasts for like 5 seconds.. it's so weird. it used to turn into a full on panic but now i just let it pass. what is that ??
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

my tummy starts to churn, then i worry anbout my tummy which then makes it churn more, its just like a whirlpool sucking me down, i try putting my mind into or onto soe=mething else, i figure if i fill my brain with other stuff it wont have time to dwell, say ing that i had one yesterday whilst watching the start trek film, ace film but i still had to get out at the beginning and go off to the loo. hey ho, better luck next time

I seem to get mine when outdoors......I feel safer when in my own house. I tend to start to think im walking differently and think my vision starts to go sort of hazy. I start to walk faster, think faster and things seem bright and then dim. I hate when de-realisation/personilisation sets in as i feel the need to get home quickly, also the off balance/dizziness isnt nice. I get my p.a as approaching the school when im taking/dropping my young son off, but i try all the time to distract myself when there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information