Thread: Worries about Cancer

Unhappy Worries about Cancer

Hi, hope this is in the right place and stuff.

Basically for about the last 7 years-ish on and off ive been getting worried that i have various forms of cancer and right now im really worried that i may have cervical cancer or something around that area because i get a lot of pelvic and hip pain and have had a weird green-ish colour dischaged since before christmas.

I have been to the doctors several times and at first they thought it was thrush and was treated for that and then that didnt work so i was then treated for bacterial vaginosis with antibiotics and i think these did do something, like it was less green and the itching pretty much went so i went back and the doctor thought they had probably worked so put me on another longer course of antibiotics and agian i think they helped but didnt completely rid me of everything. Though now i am feeling better but the other day I bled after having sex and its got me all worried again. i think I bled because it was quite rough sex and it was quite sore around there for a few days afterwards like friction bur or something but im just so worried.

I also had to have a blood test just to rule out other things and that came back saying i had a slight inflammation and the doctor has said he thinks it was just the antibiotics working but has said to have another blood test next friday and im just really freaking out about what if it comes back and there is still inflammation!?!? and in the middle of last year i had a blood test and it came back with inflammation but they just said it was polycystic ovaries or ibs (i suffer with both but am on the pill and buscopan and this manages both of them well) but im now worrying that i had cancer last year and that if i have it itll be really advanced because its been left so long.

I know that im just being irrational because the amount of time ive been to the doctors and I had a pelvic exam and swabs taken and that was all fine (tho im too young for a smear test (Im 19)) but im just so worried and cant shake it off! and now ive got this weird lump thing in my thraot, ive had it before last year and i think its to do with anxiety and hayfever but i feel like im going crazy.

I know ive kind of rambled on for ages but any help or reassurence or anything would be much appreciated!

Cher- What about the Moonlight.

2. Re: Worries about Cancer

Huni I'm absolutely sure you're fine - think how many times you've been to the doctors, he would know if there was something wrong, even slightly - he's a good doctor and I'm sure you can trust him.

If it was cancer or something like that I'm sure the nurse would have spotted there was someting wrong when you had an exam - they saw that I had erosion and it was only the tiniest bit of erosion - so I'm sure she would have seen something. Also, if the inflammation was only borderline so I'm really sure it's nothing - it would have had a much higher reading if it was something the least bit bad.

Also, I think if the anti-biotics did something then it can't be anything major - it's obviously treatable - maybe you just need something different just to get rid of it. And a lot of people bleed after sex, especially when it's rough sex. I think that's completely normal.

I think the lump is probably hayfever or anxiety - it wouldnt have gone away if it was something really bad. I really would try not to worry about it.

I'm here for you - I'm sorry if I haven't been much help, but honestly I'm sure you're fine - I really think you have nothing to worry about.

Love you

Re: Worries about Cancer

Hi hun, I know exactly how you feel about the cancer worry. I am constantly convinced I have some sort of cancer. Whatever symptoms I have I look up and inevitably they can be symptoms of cancer! It drives me crazy. I have also worried about cervical cancer and have had some light bleeding after sex. It has never come to anything worrying though. I don't think the symptoms of discharge are anything to do with cancer, much more likely due to infection, which they are treating you for. I really don't think you should worry. In years gone by I have had all these sorts of symptoms and they have never been serious. If your doc was the least bit worried he would have done a smear test by now.

Yeah, thanks. I know that really, its just like part of my mind won't listen to the rational side! It's just such a constant battle to believe that everything is ok, to be honest I think it's coz i'm used to not feeling good and now that things are better I can't quite believe it, does that make sense? I dunno, thanks for replying and stuff, just really needed some reasurance and to know i'm not on my own!

Thank-you

x

Hello
    I have also worried alot about different forms of cancer. But at start of year was cervical cancer as was experiencing pelvic pain and get quite alot of discharge every day. Also the constant media over Jade goody my mind began working seriously overtime. I have had swabs and smear test and was normal. Have u asked your doc for smear test? I know the age is 25 years now but I really think u should ask. When I ha my first smear at 20 my doc said u should really start them when u r sexually active.
    My doc said to me before had my last smear test in march as had a swab done previously for an infection because of discharge that smear would be ok as swab would pick up any abnormalities. So if you swab is ok then u will be fine. I think women get quite alot of pelvic pain etc due to hormones.

Hope this helps alittle but just want u to know that u r not on your own. If u need to chat pm any time

Tink xxx

I've had that greenish colored discharge with itching before...it's thrush. mine went away but im constantly scared it'll come back. the color is what freaked me out.

you are definitely too young for cancer dear. if your swabs were fine, you're fine. inflammation can be anything minor

thank-you.

I know that I'm fine really, it's just I worry that things are just going too well at the moment and that something is going to come along and make everything go bad agin because it always seems to. I'm feeling a bit more positive though, I'm even not too freaked out by having to have a blood test next week (doctor just wants to check that things have settled down) which is a big step for me! lol.

thanks again, it's so nice to know that I'm not alone, I mean you always know that there are other people out there but it makes all the difference to be able to talk to them.

x

Thread Information