Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know you wont like this

I know you wont like this

I just have to say thanx to the people in chat today NOT.Ive always tried to support people on there even becoiming a mod for a short time and then having to give it up because it was too much for me.I am having the most terrible day but when i went to help i was totally ignored.I am at the end of my tether today and i am very worried for myself,the only reason i am keeping going is for my kids otherwise i just wouldnt bother.So when someone goes to help just someone think and go and help them becuase i really need it today.I wont be coming back i really have had enough.
    Alison

Re: I know you wont like this

Are you ok hun?

I have only been in chat once so dont have any experience....just wanted to send you a hug

Ali

I am so sorry that no one came to help you hun
    Iv'e not been in chat much recently because the forum has been really busy.

Was the room busy? I know i have missed someone going in 'Help' before because the room was so busy that id didn't even see them go in.

Love Lisa
    xxx

Hi Ali

Sorry to hear you had a bad time in chat.

Sometimes people don't go into the Help room as they do not feel that they can offer any support/advice at that time. I am sure it wasn't a deliberate act to ignore you though.

It can be hard to take on someone else's problems if you are having a bad time yourself as well.

Maybe talk to some friends on MSN or post on the forum instead.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have personally appoligsed to Ali on MSN, I was in chat but not talking as I was away from the comp.

I try to help all I can, and although Im having a rough day, I feel bad by not going into help.

I know Ali has said its not my fault but Ali has been there for me when I need help.

I'm sorry this has happened.
    I hope my appoligy is excepted.

nxxx

ali, im so sorry that you are feling so bad i have felt that way alot the past few months and im sorry to say it but if it was not for my kids i know what could happen, i really do understand.
    I just entered chat when you said you felt invisable and then you left, i left pretty much after you as im feeling abit down and didnt want to bring the conversation down.
    I feel for you going into help and no one following it would hurt me too.
    take care of yourself .but please dont leave you are a lovely lady and have given me a some great heart felt advice.
    claire xxx

i dont think anyone should feel that they have to leave chat because they may bring everyone down - but chat is used for fun quite alot so im not surprised that ppl feel this way - basically i dont feel comfortable with chat at all - its like joining a new school without being abe to see anyone - i think chat is a real struggle for alot of ppl and it may add to their feelings in a negative way - obviously this wont apply to the ppl who get alot out of chat - but i think they should remember that when someone comes in there when the room is fulll of ppl who know each other that is a very daunting thing to do especially as we are all anxiety sufferers - why cant ppl make others feel welcome and ask them about themselves - i dont think it should be left to the newbie to try to fit in - that is such a hard thing to do - and i know that ive tried many times to push myself forward and its not always welcomed!!!!! i care because id like to go into chat more often myself, but sometimes i think well im prob gonna feel worse so i wont bother, how must new ppl feel who dont know anyone on here and who may be suffering quite badly? this has brought the debate up again about how useful chat is to EVERYONE - is it or is it just useful to the ppl who have 'banter' and spend alot of time in there with the ppl they know?

when i said i left soon as i didnt want to bring the conversation down it was no fault of anyone on chat at that time, I enjoy the chat room and whilst some have obvious friendships beyond nmp, i have always felt welcomed and did so today i got asked how i felt of several members and i said i wasnt feeling to good, i did not hang around in chat as i felt i had nothing to contribute at the time.
    But that is the way i am i go into myself and i am not very good at getting my feelings across.
    This is the only chatroom i visit so really have no experiance of them other than here.
    xxx.

i was in chat today im sorry u feel like we ignored u i didnt mean too its just times there is a few things happening and u cant always keep up me for one of them.

dont let it put u off

sorry

Hiya
    I use to be really nervous about chat but last weekend I actually gave it a go and thought it was brilliant and I spent alot of time in it.
    I found everyone fantastic and we all tried to help eveyone who came in and said they didnt feel great. I honestly dont think people would intentionally ignore people in chat-sometimes it gets very busy and it is hard to keep up.
    For those of you that are worried about going into chat I really recommend that you try it out-you will all be welcomed

I am sorry you had a bad experience Ali, I hope you are feeling better now. Give chat a second chance, the people there might really be able to make you feel better.

xxx
    Last edited by Kells81; 25-04-09 at 20:34.

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information