Thread: I'm always worried!!

I'm always worried!!

Hello everyone!

I'm new here so firstly wanted to say 'hi!" and i have already helped myself reading some of your posts on here about health anxiety. I have always been anxious about my health until recently where I now feel I have gone completely insane, maybe turned into a hypochondriac!
    It all started when I went for my first smear test as I was experiencing a lot of bleeding with sex. The doctor completely scared the c*ap out of me and immediately referred me to the colposcopy dept where I had a biopsy taken of my cervix. Thankfully, that came back all clear and diagnosed me with cervical erosion which I had treatment for and had a repeated smear which of course, came back all clear too! Since then, I have had this achy pain all around my pelvis which when I rang the hospital about, they told me this wasn't normal and the ache should have gone by now. After what seems like 3 million appointments with 3 different GPs, they attempted to treat me for bacterial vaginosis as my white blood cells were through the roof. The antibiotics that I had for those make me sick for 2 months (i still have diahorea now but not half as bad!) and now the ache has come back - they are sending me for a scan now as I had had a repeated full blood count which was back to normal and I seem perfectly healthy - also had liver and kidney function tests, the whole works and nothing has come back as abnormal! Obviously, since this whole thing, I have woken up at 2 in the morning having panic attacks, tingly fingers and hands, waking up feeling completely tired out and have now convinced myself that I have MS!!! I just feel I'm in a vicious circle! Even though I am telling myself that this ache must have been from the cervical erosion treatment (as it occured the exact same day after!) and the sickness has come from two lots of antibiotics, I still can't convince myself that I am well. I don't have any blood when I go to the toilet (number ones and number 2's) but I also think it could be my bowels! Do you think that all this anxiety has caused this ache and all my other symptoms? I am so scared :( xx

Re: I'm always worried!!

Hi OP try your best not to worry too much because u are receiving treatment for your condition. the fear of MS is irrational and u seem to realise this which is great. im sure the vaginal problems will be sorted soon.

all the best

Thread Information