Thread: seroxat + alcohol

seroxat + alcohol

ok for all u people out there taking seroxat do you ever drink alcohol? I have only ever once, which to be fair was rather alot but mate me feel so terrible i have never again but i would quite like a glass of wine or a lager and lime on rare occasions. does anyone else drink and if so does it give u any side effects?

Re: seroxat + alcohol

I really don't recommend it.

Seroxat more than any other anti-depressant I've been on made me have alcohol cravings.

Be very careful if you do mix the two.

hey why be careful does it cause addiction?
    i do drink a few bottles of wine a week and i panic next day. it minuses out the medication

hi,

I was on this drug a few years ago and I asked my GP at the time if it was ok to drink alcohol on this medication. He said, one or two glasses of wine is ok but no more than that.

Fillyjonk

You're not supposed to drink alcohol at all when on anti depressants as they can make your depression/anxiety worse and also worsen the side effects of the tablet you are on. I was told this when I was prescribed them but luckily I'm tea total anyway lol. Here is just one of many things around on the net about it:

Question: Should I Avoid Drinking Alcohol With My Medication?
    Answer: Alcohol is incompatible with many of the drugs used to treat depression. It can intensify the sedative effects of some antidepressants. Chronic alcohol consumption can increase the availability of some antidepressants while decreasing the availability of others. Tyramine, a substance found in beer and wine, can interact with MAOIs potentially causing a dangerous rise in blood pressure

I used to drink on occasions while I was on it, I never really had any side effects other than it made my hangovers much worse than pre-seroxat.

Since I have stopped taking it, I actually haven't had any desire for alcohol.

Hi, I've been taking Seroxat on and off for about the past 6 years or so and decided it was time to come off it about 7 weeks ago for good. Maybe I'm trying to wean myself off it too quick I don't know but the side effects are horrible and I'm determined to get this stuff out of my system! I have been on 20mg a day and yes it has helped me alot but you don't want to depend on it for the rest of your life! I've been taking the liquid to try and wean myself off and taking 3 or 4 mg less a week and trying to take it every other day. I'm tearful, irritable (my husband will 2nd that!! !) and feel that I don't want to be around people. Just feel horrible and hate myself. I feel like I'm going loopy but I know this is just not me and I'm determind to get thru this. Anyone else going thru this right now and am I expecting too much in a short time. Will prob go back to Doctors but sometimes it's easier to get advice from a fellow Seroxat user!!!!! Any advice would be great Ta!!!

I have been taking seroxat for ten years, tried to come of once and had to go straight back on a higher dose. Am trying to come off again as have put on soooo much weight and crave alcohol, when I do drink am not a nice person. Am coming of 2.5mg at a time from 20 mg. gonna come of slowly this time. has anyone else put on weight?

Thread Information