Thread: Is this common?

Is this common?

Today I had an awesome day. One v. minor flare up but things were going great. I then got on the phone with my AA sponsor and was almost finished talking to him and had just decided to go to bed soon. The thought of going to bed soon-flashed too, how boring my life was sober or something and my stomach dropped. Mind you my stomach dropped because of the thought. I love my life and I love being sober. This thought/feeling has become a recurrent part of the cycle that I am going through right now. If I am not obsessing over relapse, all of the sudden I will think of the immediate future and some thought of disatisfaction will come into my head. As I said, I do not like the thought and do not feel depressed or dissatisfied with my life. But it scares me and I worry that I am depressed, though I don't feel depressed. SHEESH!!!

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jake

hi jake
    dont really know what to say[not much good am i]
    but just wanted to know you are in my thoughts and hope all this will pass soon
    take care
    michellexxx

**Mind you my stomach dropped because of the thought**

Really well done for recognising that it is the thought that triggered the stomach dropping

It seems that you have been doing very very well but maybe haven't been giving yourself enough credit and praise for the progress and also need to start thinking of alternate ways that you can start having fun but without falling into old habits - a new interest/ hobby

Congratulations for the journey done so far

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

hi there -
    well I think I know what you mean. I know that I am very satisfied with who I am and where I'm at in my life but sometimes I have the same feeling. I have thought about it and I think that for me it is more the fact that I have taken responsibility for my life and the life of my family and let me tell you sometimes that is hard - sometimes boring too.
    When I was partying I had no responsibility and for a time it was fun until I got lost in it for awhile. But I would never want to go back there. I just think it's kind of the same as wishing you were a kid again so you could have fun and not have to worry about work, bills, that sort of thing.
    I hope that makes sense cuz I do tend to ramble sometimes.

eeyorelover

Hi Jake,

Well Done you are doing well!

I know when I get very low days I get scared that my depression is going to rear it's ugly head again and that petrefies me at times!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

Thread Information