Thread: Pain everywhere - please talk to me

Pain everywhere - please talk to me

I am a long time sufferer of HA but lately something new has come up and I am very worried about it. I have been having pain and pins and needles everywhere for the last few weeks. My hands and feet especially are affected. The pain seems to be in my joints and/or in the tips of my fingers and toes. Though the pain seems in my joints it doesn’t hurt any more whether I am touching or bending the joint or finger tip. It is like I have pain for the sake of pain versus any kind of injury. I also have been getting pins and needles in fingers, toes, heels, balls of my feet, up my forearms and even a little bit in my face. The pains and numbness is not everywhere all the time, it comes and goes but somewhere seems to always be numb or painful. I am totally frightened by this as this could be diabetes, lupus, lyme disease, kidney, liver or something else. Someone please tell me if this is something that anxiety can do over a long period of time. I am so close to going to the ER I just need someone to tell me that it is going to be OK. Thanks

Re: Pain everywhere - please talk to me

Hi
    Anxiety can cause tingling and pins and needles sensations throughout our bodies - I get it especially on my sides of face, down my arms, fingers, and the backs of my legs when very anxious. It is common to get this with anxiety and it is called paresthesia. It is to do with over sensitised nerves. I never got any pain though.
    If it is really affecting you then speak to your doctor as it may not be the above too. I doubt if it is kidney problems as I have those and you would have known far worse effects than what you have described.
    I hope it all gets resolved for you.

i would say anxeity i get pins and needles alot especially in my arms and hands it is not very nice but its just anxeity

In my own crazy way, not getting a lot of responses is making me feel much worse. So am I to assume that nobody else has pain accompanying their pins and needles?

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left and it will explain why you get it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You may just be one of the more unlucky anxiety sufferers that has muscle pain etc with pins and needles.

When I'm overly anxious and such I get really cold and can get pins n needles and other times it is all over muscle ache.

I have lots of muscle ache just now especially my back at my kidneys and my shin bones. I know ..random. But I think it is all anxiety based. We have nerves everywhere and anxiety just likes to get at them and annoy the bejeebus out of them.

You should go to the doc though if this is seriously worrying you which it sound slike it is love.

Let us know how you get on

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too get lots of muscle aches and pains and sometimes get the pins and needles in my hands and feet.

This usually happens when I have been through a very stressful time, my whole body aches and I get tingling sensations from head to toe and get really cold.

Carol

Thread Information