Thread: Bloating and abdominal pain - worried!

Bloating and abdominal pain - worried!

For about a month now, I have had recurrent upper abdominal pain/discomfort, mainly under my ribs on the left side but also under my solar plexis and occasionally across to the right. It feels like a burning or gnawing sensation at times, sometimes more of an ache. I have felt very bloated and windy too and can almost feel bubbles of air trapped under my ribs.

My doctor has felt my tummy and I have had "perfect" blood test results today (as she said!). I am booked in for an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound next Tuesday too. My doctor says she doesn't expect it to find anything but I have been stupidly googling symptoms and have diagnosed myself with ulcers or even stomach or ovarian cancer!! HELP!!!

How many of you suffer with IBS? Can this cause pain, bloating and wind?

Re: Bloating and abdominal pain - worried!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey girlie,yes yes yes IBS can cause all sorts of havoc with our tummies.

A few weeks ago I PLAGUED NMP with threads about my bowel and tummy probs.

I hadn't poohed proper;y in about 5 weeks and was convinced I had colon cancer or something, bloated to the point that I took a pregnancy test which was negative cos I actually looked about 4 months pregnant.

And it was all related to stress and anxiety and although I haven't been professionaly diagnosed with IBS,I am certain I have this as it alternates with bad loose stools and then back to severe constipation.

I dunno where your solar plexis is but it is common to have left side pain with IBS cos I think that is the way your digestive tract goes towards your rectum..I'm not sure though.

I have pain just now actually but I think again I just need a good poop

xxxxxxxxxxx

I have been having the exact same symptoms down to the tee for weeks. cannot figure it out. do you also find that when you lay down everything feels likes its spreading out inside you?...kind of makes me breathless..

I have exactly the same symtoms and have had blood tests and an abdominal ultrasound too, all of which came back fine. I suppose the next step could be the camera down the throat, but the thought of that scares me to death.

How did your ultrasound go?

Thanks for your reply. My scan is on tuesday so I will let you know.

I had similar symptoms, gnawing pain under ribs, indigestion and as awful pain that went in the front near solar plexus and came out at the back. I had already had a barium enema and sigmoidoscopy that diagnosed IBSand diverticulitis so the doctor sent me for a gastroscopy which showed I had a hiatus hernia and inflammation in the stomach lining. They put me on omazrapol which have got rid of the pain completely.

Did you guys have the bloating feeling in your stomach too?

Oh man I have IBS A (Alternating)

I am so bloated half the time its ridiculous. I am reduced sometimes to eating small meals and snacks 5-6 times a day because I feel so bloated and full that I might explode if I eat anymore. I sometimes feel like there is carbonation in my stomach (it talks...it fizzes...I swear it says things....)

Taking lots of metamucil has helped tremendously. I also have cut down on cheese and other super bloating dairy stuff. It has helped alot.

Be sure to drink a lot of water, that helps with passing stuff. I found it relieved a lot of my C symptoms.

To Jo3016

Good luck for your ultrasound tomorrow

Best wishes
    June

Thread Information