Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contamination

Re: Contamination

it may help you to read my post in the ocd section on` contamination and harming fears`.
    i think food is and drink is contaminated, cant cook for myself, cant cook around people, never leave unopened drink or food nywhere, never let neone cook for me, dont trust anyone. it causes so many problems esp wen ive had it or 10 yrs n een so many people about it and literally nothin works(for me anyway).
    family treat me like a nobody and eused to laugh at me and now ignore me or treat me like a piece of **it if i so much as mention it or similar probs.

my advice...

surround urself with people who actually care
    try as i do to let the thoughts pass as clouds
    seek cbt(even tho it does not seem to be helpin me it may help you)
    try and do exposure and response(when your not stressed)-this is how ive found it to help me most but have only had one spout of feelin ok that i could do this now im back to square one.

hope this helps if you need any more info or help just ask

Re: Contamination

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    This is my worst part of OCD at the moment:

*I don't go near the dog after a walk incase he's stood on other dogs muck.
    *I'm worried as I polished my room up tonight and used more than usual to get it clean, a small drop landed on my bed covers I just changed so I was fighting the OCD to put new covers on despite just putting these ones on. But I am holding off but get horrible thoughts and feelings like I can almost taste polish thinking it's all around the room so it's worrying me
    *I don't drink out of mugs that's been near any cleaning stuff at the sink.
    *I worry after doing the toilet I am not clean.
    *I worry if I put my feet on a surface and eat on it I'd need to intensely clean it.
    *I worried when the sewage leak burst in the garden recently.

I'm finding it hard to judge common sense with reality and anxiety. I'm not wanting to change my covers as there just clean. I turned them round the other side though. I know I'm being silly...but I'm in a bit of a mess with contamination at the moment.
    I have the dog poo contamination to the point the bottom of shoes have contaminated my home as there COULD be poo on them following other people, mainly work colleagues, on in particular who had stood in dog poo and then o had to use the same entrance.

My nephews had a sock fight near the shoes that have been on a rack for ages, and now I’m scared the socks were flung and touched shoes aswell as the walls etc so now everything contaminated.

I seriously don’t know what to do. My worry and anxiety is out of controlS there is no telling my ocd brain the irrationality

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information