Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying on valium

Flying on valium

I have recently developed a fear of flying, specifically turbulence. Possible relating to some problems my husband & I have been having recently trying to conceive.

The doc has prescribed me valium but I have a very long flight to take this summer (12 hours) and I'm not sure it'll work

has anyone flown on valium? if so, how did you feel? Did it work

I recently took a 3 hour flight on beta blockers and that wasn't too bad (but only 3 hours, not 12!)

any comments much appreciated - thanks!

Re: Flying on valium

got to say 2 years ago i went on a long haul flight and took valium and bacardi lol wouldnt reccomend the bacardi then its fine it calms you down where you going?

Yes i have flown on valium and yes it works ! I did a 14hr flight and slept most of it and i never sleep on flights, i am always the one you see sitting bolt upright!! You'll be fine Love Paige x

Quote Originally Posted by amandaj View Post
    got to say 2 years ago i went on a long haul flight and took valium and bacardi lol wouldnt reccomend the bacardi then its fine it calms you down where you going?
    that's a shame I like a nice bacardi

supposed to be going to Thailand

I regularly take valium for flying... it doesn't take away the initial anxiety for me, but once that has worn off i sleep sleep sleep... xx

youll love it there go for it last time i flew was to mauritius to get married, i didnt sleep but i felt calmer than i usually do

Take the valium, you'll be fine! I always have it for flying - I take 4 in each direction when I go to Thailand (not all at the same time, I spread them out!). My doc had a MASSIVE go at me once about how many I was taking and refused to give me any more - but I wore him down...

For me, it completely removes the anxiety - but I don't sleep all the way through the flight like I did the first time. Last time I went to Thailand I stayed for a year, which involved a couple of horrendously long bus journeys to borders to get my visa renewed. Valium got me through every one.

I am so jealous that you're going

That's reassuring.

Im prepared to take medication if it gets me back on a plane.

Missed the last holiday abroad with my family cause I just cracked up about the whole thing.

What with credit crunch at the moment am hoping that next year might be one to get back on the "space ship"..

Think I'll give the bacardi a miss, I too like but hate not being in control!!
    Might try taking over from the pilot LOL

I've always flown on Valium, or in the past Lorazepam. Last year I went on a Fear of Flying course with BA (hadn't flown since 2001) and this was brilliant and worth every penny of the £200 it cost. However, if the Valium helps, then take it. Don't feel guilty, not everyone can combat the fear.
    Septimus.

hiya all i have a tremendous fear of flying being out of control and being away from my home. In 2007 i refused too board a flight i was in international departures and my suitcase had to be taken off the plane i was in a right state crying pretty disterssed i just couldnt get on not for anything!! Back to the present and im flying too spain 2 hours in june and the doctor has just prescribed beta blockers and some temazepan has anyone used these i would love too hear ur stories about flying?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information