Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back from my appointment with the Thoracic Surgeon...

Re: Back from my appointment with the Thoracic Surgeon...

Hello Peggy,

It is always very reassuring when you can meet your Surgeon and Know you are going to be in safe hands.

With the two tumours being so close to each other, and all others things considered, it makes perfect sense to remove the whole lobe; fantastic they can do it with key hole surgery too! You can take great comfort from the fact that, if these lesions should prove to be cancerous, they have not spread, and that they have caught it at a Very early stage.

I take my hat off to you Peggy; you have coped so well, and I think it is a great idea to get as fit as possible before the operation. I am sure you would like to get it over and done with as soon as possible. I am wishing you all the very best. x x x

I agree with Rosie....Pegs you are an inspiration to us all

Trish xx

Yes well done for being so positive throughout all of this , i know you put me to shame, wishing you well through it all, take care xx

thinking of you pegs, keep us posted! also - when my dad was diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer, the doc wanted to push his surgery way back as there were so many appointments in front of him. my mom did everything she could.. showing up at the hospital with cupcakes (crazy i know), getting to know the nurses and scheduling staff, calling the docs over and over.. she looked like a bit of a crazy person but long story short, she managed to get someone to agree to get him in within a couple weeks, rather than months. somtimes a bit of pushing goes a long way. that was back in november, my dad's surgery went really well and he's recovering nicely. we are all beyond happy that my mom was being so aggressive and annoying because hey, my dad may have still been waiting at this point! and instead he's just been on two vacations and is back at work full time, doing his monthly checks and looking good. i guess what i'm saying is.. if you feel worried and want to get a move on things, don't underestimate the power of the human touch, and how one person can move through and above a maze of a system. best of luck to u and lots of love!
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good Morning All!

Thanks again, for all your good wishes and positive notes.
    I love to hear the success stories, and remind myself it's not all doom and gloom.
    I just want this op asap so I can get on with my life.
    It may even turn out to be not an ominous thing, but by removing the whole lobe it is taking a more aggressive approach and not leaving anything to chance.
    Suprisingly, my hospital stay would only be 3 days, and take it easy for a week, and back to work after 4 weeks.
    As it happens, I havn't been able to get a job with all this looming, so it'll be great to get it over with!
    Amazingly, I am not spinning out with panic/anxiety, but am a tad worried about the op.
    The Surgeon was lovely, and very confident which totally rubbed off on me.

Our weather in Poole is stunning again, so I am off for a bike ride!

Take care,
    Pegs XX

Hi Peggy
    I hope it all goes well for you and though its easier said than done, and easy for me to say, try not to focus on the worst, because it could turn out to be scar tissue.
    You sound like a very positive upbeat type person and having that attitude that will help you a lot I am sure.
    It is nice to hear praise for the NHS too for a change Having a good hospital team helping you makes such a big difference.
    I hope that it is all sorted out for you soon and that you can get on with your life.
    Enjoy your cycling!
    Last edited by PoppyC; 29-04-09 at 10:08.

Hi Pegs - I thinkk we could all learn a lot from you - you seem to be coping wonderfully well. And all in all it does sound like positive news......... Since the lumps are glowing with quite a low number presumably that means that if it is cancer it is quite a slow growing, non-aggressive kind. And since it is contained it should be pretty easy to deal with. Again, I'm not sure if personal stories help, but my friend's mum was also diagnosed with early stage lung cancer - that was 10 years ago and she is doing fine.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    xxxxxxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information