Thread: Bloated!!!

Unhappy Bloated!!!

I have been feeling bloated for about 3 days now almost constantly!! This has followed about a month of upper abdominal pain under my left ribs and terrible belching and wind. I also had a burning pain under my ribs. The doctor has put me on drugs for the acid pain which has helped.

Those who answered my thread before and said it sounded like IBS, can bloated feeling last for days? My clothes feel a bit tighter but not overly so and my husband says that my stomach doesn't look or feel any different from normal; it just feels wierd like I can't take a full breath almost. It is mainly my upper abs that feel bad.

I am so worried that it is something wrong with my ovaries like cysts or cancer!! I am having an ultrasound on Tuesday and I am fearing the worst!! I have cried a lot today!!

Re: Bloated!!!

My bloated feeling can last for ages and tends to be because of something I ate; white bread, onions and mushrooms affect me. Have you tried to monitor what you eat and see if you can find a trigger?

Sorry you've been crying so much it really is horrible isn't it??

Hugs

Hi Mondie

I cut out wheat at the weekend but I have been eating a lot of salads, and raw veg and fruit plus eggs. My doctor has since said that fruit and veg and eggs can cause wind. I don't know what to eat now!! When I think back, the bloating has only been really bad since Monday although I have felt very windy for a while. It is really bothering me a lot and I am sure that anxiety and worry just makes it worse!

I keep doing the worst possible thing and googling symptoms of ovarian cancer which are bloating, abdominal pain, loss of appetite etc which I have!! I have back ache too but when I think about it, I have had back ache for a long time!!

I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and was feeling a lot better by the end of it. A few days after I returned, I got a letter from the hospital about the abdominal/pelvic scan and remember asking my Mum if she thought I should still go as I was feeling a lot better (hardly any pain and no bloating!). She said to go to put my mind at rest anyway. Since then, my symptoms have got steadily worse and I am a real mess mentally.

Thank you for always reassuring me Mondie!!

It's areally positive sign that your symptoms got better when you were on holiday, that lends itself to being something anxiety related like IBS and nothing nasty. I understand your fear with ovarian cancer (I went through the same before I was diagnosed with IBS) BUT Ovarian cancer wouldn't get better because you were on holiday whereas anxiety can!

I'm sure once you've had your appointment and realise that all is well with your ovaries etc you're symptoms will subside.

Thread Information