Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech help anyone please ???

Tech help anyone please ???

Hi....need some technical advice if anyone can help?
    Ive got a packard bell laptop with vista installed.
    I had BT out last week as im having trouble with the wireless card in my laptop, so im using my ethernet connection at the moment. The engineer adivsed me to restore my lappy back to thwe date i bought it, which i did (did a recovery disc etc too) but..... aaaaghh ive lost everything i had saved all my photos important letters etc etc. But now i cant access the chat room either
    Ive tried restoring back again but no joy...any ideas anyone please.

Re: Tech help anyone please ???

Have you installed Java for the chat room?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have tried that at least a dozen times nic yes...but comes back with an error message (25099) i think it was saying somethin about unzipped core files or something similar to that. Im Bamboozled ive never had the problem before

You get that error when installing Java?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes nic, i go to the chat room and it says i need to install java, so i got to the page it re-directs me too, then i download as directed..get right to the end when i think its gone ok, then i get the message saying it cant fully install and gives error message 25099, so i click on the help page and all it says is that there is no known reason for this error at this time?
    Flumoxed!!

Hi
    Did you uninstall all the Java on your pc completely before installing the new Java??? I had a similar problem with Java some time ago (nothing to do with getting into chat on here) and I deleted everything that I had to do with Java and reinstalled the new and it worked fine.

Thanks nic and poppy...but still no joy ive tried everything you both suggested. Have no idea what the trouble is as i say all i get is a mesage back about unzipping core files, but i cant seem to solve it. Will have to do without chat and just rely on the forum, but i miss chat:(
    Thanks for your help though, and i will keep on trying.

Hi Lesley,

Take a look at this link, it might help:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_25099.xml

Lynnann

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information