Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stomach nerves?

stomach nerves?

hey all.. i havn't posted here for a while as i have been doing really well, i've started my new job and anxiety has kept quiet low..but as some of u will know i suffer with stomach problems ever since i got anxiety..anyway the reason in this post is i would just like some advise on what to do for the best when my stomach starts feeling yuk i use to eat something light and it would pass but now its getting that bad that my stomach is so yuk its making me be sick, after im sick i feel ok but im sick nearly everyday with it now and its really getting me down.is it just nerves?? any advise on what to do to calm my stomach when these spells come on? is it really just nerves of the stomach? also my mum has got me some peppermint oil to try help do you think this will help?? all advise welcome...thanks all xxx

Re: stomach nerves?

I think you answered your own question Just got a job and you wonder why your tummy is playing up ??
    I think you are coping VERY well . Good for you
    Think about when you get a fright - you always grab your tummy
    Try gaviscon, it might help but the old phrase that you do not want to hear IS........... try to relax (sorry)
    Best wishes
    June

Thanks for the reply, i have had the stomach problem since before i started the job..what do u think about the peppermint oil.. its getting me down now im taking the day of work to go to the doctors as i can feel my self getting depressed again x

Hi

I would give the peppermint oil a try. I've never tried it myself but it's not going to do any harm or make things worse. My stomach also gets affected when I'm anxios but I'm not usually sick though I have been when at my worst.

Why don't you try some herbal tablets to calm you down a bit. I tried chamomile tea when having a pa yesterday at work and it really helped. It doesn't taste that good though so if you're feeling sick you may find it hard going. But you do get used to the taste and it's better with honey in, or sugar.

I think this will pass as you get used to the routine of the job. I think you are doing marvellously well, don't let this problem hold you back. As you said yourself your anx causes your stomach problems. Even if you think your anx is low, it can manifest itself in physical stuff even if you don't think it has.

If it carries on I would go to your gp who may give you something to settle your stomach. And get you over this hurdle. It could be caused by acid esp if you are sick first thing, your gp could give you advice on what to do to help. Don't suffer in silence for too long, that is what they are there for.

Well done and take care. Good luck with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by titch View Post
    hey all.. i havn't posted here for a while as i have been doing really well, i've started my new job and anxiety has kept quiet low..but as some of u will know i suffer with stomach problems ever since i got anxiety..anyway the reason in this post is i would just like some advise on what to do for the best when my stomach starts feeling yuk i use to eat something light and it would pass but now its getting that bad that my stomach is so yuk its making me be sick, after im sick i feel ok but im sick nearly everyday with it now and its really getting me down.is it just nerves?? any advise on what to do to calm my stomach when these spells come on? is it really just nerves of the stomach? also my mum has got me some peppermint oil to try help do you think this will help?? all advise welcome...thanks all xxx

try pepperment tea! it's amazing

Thanks for your reply. it is affectin my work now though as yesterday i rang in and said i had toothache but ended up going in in the afternoon as they needed me, now im gunna ring up today and say my tooth is hurtin again so i can go the doctors, ive only worked there 4 weeks and this time of is not good i know its only 2 days but im worried they might sack me and i need this job to help me get normal again..xx

Hi titch, you have got your self into a vicious circle - worry about stomach / job / doctors.
    Peppermint tea is a good idea it looks awful doesn't taste too bad (i usally have a cup before bed or midday if i feel the need)
    chamomile tea is also good but the taste is not so good add a bit of honey (if you like it)
    There is an old fashioned saying that "you have a nervous tummy" this is where your "gut" instinct" comes from ------ this is where one of the control centres of your nerves are-----------the adrenalin rush - the fear in the tummy.
    A spoonful of Gaviscon would probably help.
    The main thing is to get your confidence back enough to stay in work --- you will probably find that your tummy will settle itself
    Best wishes
    June

Thanks for reply, i went to the docs earlier on and seen some1 i dont usually see, she was lovely i just cmpletly opened up to her and told her how i was feeling and all my fears, she felt my stomach, weighed me and said i was good weight (which i was glad to hear because some days i think im underweight and others i think im fat lol) u know how it is. lol. anyway she sad it is the nerves of my stomach and possibly a touch of ibs, its stil not nice but atleast its nothing serious, thanks for replying again.. xxx

Hi - I have the nervousness in my stomach makes me sick sometimes I worry about it so much sometimes it turns in to a full blown anxiety attacks :(

I have IBS also which I take meds (alverine spasmodal) for - have you been prescribed anything??

Do you keep food diarys? I found this a huge help as a lot of things you eat can trigger reactions in your stomach - You can start to discover links between foods and stomach problems that would have never have crossed your mind before!

I find normal tea helps - But I can't stand the taste of mint so couldn't advise you on that

Much Love xx

Hi titch, you sound just like me. My anxiety makes me feel really sick and I think if I wan't on anti nausea tablets from my Dr because of my anxiety I would be. I take metoclopramide and it's been a life saver.

Also I would only take peppermint capsules if you have no problems with acid as these can make that much worse (I know from experience).

I would definately go to your dr, you can't be being sick all the time. That's why I went as I felt like I was going to be sick and I have a huge fear of it. In the end I got anti nausea over a year ago and still take them now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information