Thread: Exercise can eliminate anxiety.

Exercise can eliminate anxiety.

Hi,

I was in a terrible mood when I got home today. Instead of procrastinating I got off my lazy behind & did some exercise. I did some hand weights, some floor exercises & I practiced the yoga "V" position with the salute the sun poses I've been avoiding in public gyms due to neck & shoulder pain. Because I was at home I could do it in my own time so I decided to be brave & do it very carefully with great care placed on my technique. Then I spent half an hour doing a nice relaxing stretch with my breathing exercises.

I feel amazing. I feel energized. My pain is of less intensity. I have more movement through my spine, I can turn my neck & it pulls less from reduced muscle tightness. Every single muscle feels warm & looened & generally much more comfortable. I can breathe comfortably again with less chest pain because I did my chest opening spinal twists stretching. I like to strengthen & stretch every muscle group to get the pain out of all my body that comes from my chronic spinal pain condition. My searing pain has changed to a mild discomfort. It will take at least several hours before my pain increases again so I can enjoy the pleasant feeling of feeling almost normal.

I know that it can be easy to make excuses not to exercise & make excuses about feeling too crook. My yoga teacher once said if you don't think you could do one hour of exercise, aim for only 5 minutes of exercise a day. This makes it more manageable because you haven't set yourself an unrealistic goal. You may even do more than the 5 minutes because it feels good, but if you don't it doesn't matter because you only meant to do it for 5 minutes in the first place. It worked for me anyway.

I wanted to share how much of a transformation can happen to a mood with the help of getting your body moving & getting those endorphins flowing. My problem isn't any bigger or smaller. It is out of my mind & I can deal with it another day.

Happiness ebbs & flows as do the tides. Sometimes there's a tsunami, or sometimes it's flat & calm.

Re: Exercise can eliminate anxiety.

Yeah by doing exercises you can eliminate anxiety ,,,,, doing exercises is very good for health and we can keep our body fit and strong,,,,,

Sometimes when I do yoga, I find bliss.... calm of the mind, movement to unblock the body.... breathing like life depends on it, which life does... It passes, but it's the healthiest way I know to feel happy for a while, much healthier than getting wasted, with no side affects.

Yoga does calm the mind. Tai Chi is good too,to help you wind down and relax the breathing

Thread Information