Thread: My panic causes severe nausea!!! help!

My panic causes severe nausea!!! help!

~ Hi ~ I've had panic and anxiety disorder (along with agoraphobia) for a little over 2 years now. As all of you know, saying its "hard" to deal with is an understatement. Its more than hard. I was wondering if any of you experience severe nausea with your panic attacks??? I experience other things like horrible shaking, and loss of breath but my stomach gets sick even at the slightest thing. And when my panic is really at a peak I cant keep anything down no matter when the last time i ate was! (sorry to be gross) [:I] Theres times when I dont eat for days at a time and its not related to any kind of eating disorder just that my anxiety causes me to not be able to. My doctors have tried all kind of medicines (prescrptions, not just tums ) to calm my stomach and none of them have worked even the SLIGHTEST bit! :( They even had me try this gross stuff to rub on my wrist and absorb into my bloodstream...needless to say, that didnt work either. I know relaxation tips and therepies and all that. I know that nausea is common with panic disorder, but this extreme??? Even my doctors were kind of confused as to why mine was so severe. So anyway...I just wanted to know of anyone has this same sorta thing, this bad. thanks[^]

~*~MaRy

removed Guest
    Hi Mary
    Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time with nausea.
    I used to throw up as a child if I was worrying about things. I remember being really sick after taking my 11 plus.
    Unfortunately you have a very sensitive stomach
    You often hear of famous and talent people throwing up before a big event so you are in good company.
    If you are in a heightened anxiety state all the time, then given the way you are, you ARE going to be nauseous all the time.
    I know tranquillisers are not a long term answer, but if you take a good dose of diazepam that could help break the cycle you get yourself in and maybe you could eat.
    Has your doctor prescribed anything like that for you?
    Sorry I cant be of any more help. Obviously you are trying your best to overcome your anxiety, which will be the best treatment of all.
    Just wanted to say Hi and that you are not alone
    Hope you will feel better soon
    Janet x

Mary,

As soon as you start feeling nauseated have a few good swigs of tonic water / soda water and have a few big burps and see if that helps ....

nervous
    Nausea
    Nausea
    stomach problems
    does anybody feel sick or cant eat for days
    Digestive problems

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

removed Guest
    Hi MEg
    Just want to say- I love your replies-they are so practical and down to earth!
    This one really made me giggle!
    Love this forum
    best wishes
    Janet c

Janet,

I'm not known for all the squidgy stuff. There are lots of people on here who do that much better than I.

I will help you progress though as much as I can ..

But I know how totally terrifying and atrocious it all is - I was there for too long myself

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information