Thread: any advice appreciated please

any advice appreciated please

I've been told by doctors that as I'm just starting on the new doses of medication 600mg Quetiapine that they can't advise anything just yet in terms of going straight onto anything else such as Omega 3, Vitamin B just yet.

I want to ask opinion on here as to whether it would be recommended to start this right away as I guess the two can't affect each other that much or wouldn't harm me?

My first post is here which explains the situation I'm in at the moment so please if possible read this first http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49113

I do still tend to go to nightclubs and gigs as part of a social activity with my friends as it's always something I enjoy being part of the music scene and knowing a lot of people out and about. I have completely avoided alcohol for the past 2 months but still going out and having generally the equivalent of 2 cokes and a cranberry juice or at the most a relentless energy drink and a coke. Although this week I've been a little risky and had one alcoholic drink on top of this.

I've been taking two Omega 3, 6, 9 capsules and one Omega 3 capsule twice daily morning and evening, I've been trying to get a consistent amount of sleep and going to bed around 1.30am and getting up at 10am. Most of the time I've been trying to motivate myself to doing positive things like going to the gym three times a week, and learning to cook and learning to relax more either just by avoiding caffeine on an evening or just relaxing watching TV with a hot chocolate.

I'm looking at starting to take a Vitamin B complex along with what I'm taking at the moment and also interested in the Amino Acids and Minerals, the thing I dont' want to do though is to take far too much or take the wrong things. Also I don't want to cause too much confusion for my new care co-ordinator. The Amino Acid stuff looks interesting but I don't understand it where would I get the individual acids or do they usually come in a tablet combining various different ones?

In terms of my diet at the moment with regards to Vitamins (generally I consider myself to have a quite healthy diet I avoid junk food as much as possible and only drink Coke or strong caffeine drinks on nights out, although I do drink 2 or 3 cups of tea a day. I don't eat that much fruit but I always have a glass of tropicana fruit juice with breakfast and often drink Smoothies in town. I often eat noodle dishes with veg, and sometimes have frozen peas with my meals at home, or cook pasta dishes with tomato, garlic, onion. I don't really eat a lot of fruit if I do it's usually grapes (I don't like apple, banana, oranges and pears which is a bit strange and unlucky but I can eat kiwis, pineapples, rasperberries or strawberries but it's just a case of getting out and buying them).

Oh and I also wanted to mention Chinese Green Tea is this recommended as I have quite a lot left over. I used to go to the Chinese Herbal medicine store and often tried acupuncture and massages before but I was advised by my old care co-ordinator to stop the acupuncture and chinese medicines but I'm guessing it's still ok to go for the massage and green tea?

Re: any advice appreciated please

Hi Mark , Green tea is safe to drink , any kind of herbal tea is refreshing and just as good as drinking water , but water of course is good too , omega 3 is good for anyone but you can buy it as food to, Sardines are not expensive but have enough omega 3, dont know how much omega 3 should be taken in tablet form , buy your herbal teas from supermarkets less expensive , and try to keep buying fruits and vegtables too, and fish is quite easy to cook so have a look , take care Dusky x

It's brilliant that you are learning to cook, it's fun and even disasters can sometimes taste good

By cooking your food from fresh you know exactly what you are eating.

You can boost your vitamin B and omega 3 levels using food. You will be eating well and not spending money on vitamin supplements.

Hi Mark

Medics can't advise ? On vitamins?? Dear oh dear.

Right, Omega 3 is only fish oil you can take it with no problems at all - as much as you like. Highish dosages for depression. I take a good dosage of it each day. Vitamins? Vitamin B - no probs at all just take it. Take any vitamin you like. You should avoid St. John's Wort - also don't be taking any tranquilising herbal stuff (that's just what I think) - cos you're on a goodly dosage of the quetiepine and you won't want to add any more tranqilising stuff.

Take care mate.

Hi Mark, just a quick question about Quetiapine. You seem to be on quite a high dose for anxiety. I have only been prescribed 25mg and doesn't seem to be making much difference though so after heaqring of your success thinking of seeing if can increase. Did you get side effects? Are there any worries about taking it long term?

Thread Information