Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Trigger* SH

*Trigger* SH

I don't know if I should or am allowed to post this, so please feel free to remove this ... I won't be offended and I certainly don't want to upset others.

I don't know if there are other people on this site that SH, but I have been a SHer for many years.

Each time I SH I say that I will never do it again!!

If I do SH I usualy deal with it at home, I have been given stuff from my CPN to make sure if I do it I have things to deal with it in a safe way.

Today things became too much. I tried my best to distract and to put into practice all of the things I have been taught over the years, but the urges won. As a result I have had to go to A&E to be 'patched up' again. I have also got the crisis team wanting to be involved again.

I have not only hurt myself and my dignity but have devistated my hubby. He thinks I should talk to him rather than SH, but how can I talk to him when I can't reason with myself?

Re: *Trigger* SH

Hi Sunshine , sorry you had such an awful day , dont blame yourself , and you havent lost your dignity at all , when we reach the bottom of the deep black hole our feeling totally overwhelm us and sometimes we cant cope so we go to any extreme for relief , and what we mean is to reach out for help, your hubby will be worried about you, remember he loves you , explain to him why you could not chat to him when you feel abit better , i had a crisis time in before and they were valuable to me , i got such alot of help of them and they explained everything to my family , i also got cbt throught them too , i know i did not want them at first , but i soon came round , i do hope things get better for you , take care , Dusky xxx

get your self better wish you better

Hi, I also am a Self Harmer, I used to cut but have not done so for a while now...However I hit myself on my head as hard as possible, hitting it on anything hard, recently my SHing as gotten worse and more frequent, and the urge to cut is so powerful it is unbelieveable....the only reason I dont is because my SH is my secret my hubby does not know, and if I cut its not as easy to keep it a secret, where as the hitting is easier to hide. I dont feel ready to give it up yet.

SHarming is another hard part of this illness.

I don't know if you have read the self harm page on this website or not but it may help as it was written by a SH'er.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Sunshine
    Don't feel bad about yourself for doing what you did. It is part of your illness and look at how long you have not been self harming (apart from hitting your head) Ok so the urges overcame you but you dont allow them to overcome you every day.
    We all have our blips and ok I don't have experience of self harming so can't relate to that but try not to give yourself a hard time over the urges overcoming you.
    Look at the amount of time when you don't self harm.
    You are lucky to have a husband who is concerned and understanding - there are not that many men about like that. I am glad that he is there for you.
    Accept all the help there is for you.
    I hope you have a much better day today.

Hi Di,

Im also a self-harmer, If you like differnt techniquies as I used to work with younger people.

Self-harm isnt anything that you can really talk about it. its more of a private matter.

Please pm me if i can be any help.

nikkxx

Aw honey im sorry i dont know much about sh but id like to send you lots of hugs your a lovely lady and i hope your feeling better
    xxxx

di you already know bout me bn a sh n here for ya

all your people who sh god bless wish you better
    it must be hard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information