Thread: First CBT appointment

First CBT appointment

I have a CBT appointment 2moz well 2day now lol.

I was supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but I was ill.

It's at my local drs surgery, only about 400 yards from me, but I don't know what to expect. I don't know whether it's to see if I am a candidate for CBT, or whether it's actually a start. I am seeing someone who is an Occupational Therapist/Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (Trainee).

I'm hoping that my physical illnesses won't be a problem, meaning I have back problems & can't walk very far, also CFS which makes me tired most of the time.

Anyways, I'll let you all know how I get on.
    Els

Re: First CBT appointment

Duh!! I have just noticed that in the letter she has put that this will be an assessment appointment lasting around 90 minutes

Well, at least I know before I've got there exactly what it is.

Good luck with your appointment today Elspeth.. I'm six weeks down the road and find CBT of great value! I'm off to eBay now to the by the book you've shown above. I run a thread called CBT - A FRESH START over in the therapy forum. You're very welcome to "join me" and see if you can find support, recognition or empathy with my ramblings. There's LOTS of all of those 3 aspects here at NMP tho of course. Have a good day and I hope you feel positive after your assessment. WillLatch

Hi Will

Thanks for replying. I had a bit of a wait to see her which gave me anxiety but was worth the wait. She says that I am a candidate for this cbt & I start next week

She looked really surprised when I told that I have had panic attacks for 33+ years.

The book image that I posted was just for a joke really, so I haven't read it. Hope you find it on ebay & get something out of it

I will take a look at your thread & join in if I think I can add anything.

Els

Thread Information