Thread: Still stuck with this unreality

Still stuck with this unreality

I'm lookin for reassurance . I can't shake this unreality thing off. today when i woke up i was listening to the men in our close driving off to work (which i like to hear) but today when i listened and pictured them i was thinking who r they really as though they had just landed or placed on earth, then i became unreal as though i was a ghost and if fact were these people ghost n the world not real. Why can't things just wash over me. As suggested i've increased my anti depress to (a proper dose as directed by doc) Could they be making my unreality worse at all?

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    Hi Suz,

For the first week of your anti depressant your syptoms can become hightend untill your body becomes used to. But on the other hand I would say that DR/DP (The unreal feeling) is just normal anyways. I have it all the time, some days better than other like yesterday was a really good day. Unfortunatly there really isn't much you can do for this feeling nor can your doctor. The best advice I got on here was to just distract yourself, it doesn't make it go away completely but it does help. Also I persanally find that if I don't get a good nights sleep it seems to be worse, like today I'm feeling really out of it and spaced[Sigh...], after me having such a good day yesterday too.

Hope you start to feel better soon

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Suz,

As your anxiety diminishes so will the dp/dr.

I know it makes you feel really strange, but the best thing to do is to try to ignore it the best you can as they more you dwell on it the stranger you will feel.

Kate x

Hello suz

I sympathise with you. I am still suffering from the unreality thing too.

I am trying to take comfort from the thought that it will eventually fade over time.

When I went to see the cbt therapist, she told me that I must give it at least another 6 months before I feel better. Anxiety is a build up of many months or even years of stress and worry which cannot go away over night. It is a case of letting it get better slowly, as you would a broken leg.

There are good periods and bad periods in my disorder at the moment, but I can honestly say that the dp/dr has never fully disappeared yet.

Just give yourself time and try to do something to take your mind off it.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Hi, Jude! Are you back from your vacation? I've missed you and have been wondering how you're doing.

You can PM me if you want.

**pictured them i was thinking who r they really as though they had just landed or placed on earth**

Allowing these thoughts to wander uncontrolled will encourage DP/DR

Bring yourself back to reality by doing something in our world- cooking, talking, shopping .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information