Thread: Anxiety & Depression - help!

Anxiety & Depression - help!

Hello everyone, I have just joined this site hoping to talk to some people in a similar situation to me.
    I got my first bout of anxiety and depression just over 3 years ago when I seperated from my husband and my father died. I eventually went onto antidepressants and with time got better. I struggle now with guilt over the breakup of my marriage and this seems to trigger the anxiety/depression coming back. It is like a switch being flicked and will literally bring me down overnight. I have been fighting this last one for about 5 weeks, tried not to go the antidepressant route but finally gave up this week and have started on them again together with counselling.
    The anxiety kicks in a couple of minutes after waking and then fades and leaves me feeling very, very low with no zest for life. I hate feeling like this, I do hope that it will go away soon.

Re: Anxiety & Depression - help!

Hello Sue , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found the site , take care Dusky x

Hi Sue,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I am so sorry to hear that you have been going through such a difficult time.

Best wishes

Hi and

Hi Sue,

Welcome to NMP. You will find that many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I would think this would be situational depression and think counseling would help but please note I'm no doctor, regardless I think counseling is beneficial. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

hiya sue
    i know exactly what you meen, but i think or hope that chating with people with similar problems and getting help, advice and a laugh on the way will soon make you feel better, take care,

Thread Information