View Poll Results: sleepy??

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sleepy without meds and no underlaying problems, and I get good sleep

11 26.83%
  • I'm sleepy w/o meds and no underlaying problems but don't sleep some nights

15 36.59%
  • I only get sleepy once in a while when the anxiety comes.

4 9.76%
  • I'm not sleepy, i'm fatigue only

11 26.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sleepy!! ?

sleepy!! ?

I realized people on this forum, when they say tired, they usually mean their body or mind.I can't figure out if it's the same sleepy i have.
    I was wondering if anyone else is NOT on meds, has no underlying problems and sleeps thoughout the night, but still sleepy most of the day?... As in, the want to sleep all the time regardless of the fatigue.
    When I say underlaying problems, that means being diagnosed, not just thinking you are ill.
    Last edited by Romo; 10-05-09 at 21:28.

Re: sleepy!! ?

The moment I sit down I want to drop off (I have never been able to go to the cinema)

Some one suggested it might be the pollen count.

I feel exhausted a lot of the time but I think it's due to the anxiety taking up so much of my brain power and not allowing me head to be free from the stress of worrying about it, then of course this leads to anxieties about all other things too, I think it's the mind working overtime which has a knock on effect to the rest of your body. This can make you feel overtired, as in tired without being able to sleep because the body doesn't want sleep, it just wants to rest. With me, once it's sleepy time, I feel like I so exhausted that I drop off easily but then it doesn't last long, I sleep for about 3 hours then I wake up and can't get back to sleep again.

I don't understand because I was with friends today and everything was fine.. not much anxiety for the last few days, then i get hit with this extreme sleepyness like a ton of bricks. I'm scared it's just me because Ifeel like most people on the forum are tired from their brain working hard or muscles. :( Also, that was my FIRST symptom before i felt panic attacks or any anxiety.

I had exactly what you have specified. It was getting worse that i was taking time off work to sleep. Doctor diagnosed it as clinical depression.
    I had to go to hospital for recovery. Don't want to scare you but go see your doctor. It did help

Quote Originally Posted by bobobob View Post
    I had exactly what you have specified. It was getting worse that i was taking time off work to sleep. Doctor diagnosed it as clinical depression.
    I had to go to hospital for recovery. Don't want to scare you but go see your doctor. It did help
    i'm actually really happy. I'm not depressed at all. my doctor is trying to tell me i'm depressed also...but i'm very happy all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    I don't understand because I was with friends today and everything was fine.. not much anxiety for the last few days, then i get hit with this extreme sleepyness like a ton of bricks. I'm scared it's just me because Ifeel like most people on the forum are tired from their brain working hard or muscles. :( Also, that was my FIRST symptom before i felt panic attacks or any anxiety.

I think if your brain is stimulated it forgets to feel tired and therefore you are wide awake. Trouble is it doesn't work for me when I watch a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think if your brain is stimulated it forgets to feel tired and therefore you are wide awake. Trouble is it doesn't work for me when I watch a film.
    ya, i hope it is just my brain.. my eyes are dry to today now

Hi

I tend to find that I get really tired driving home from work. It's not a long journey but I have had to pull into the side of the road at times and get out for fresh air.
    It's all down to the fact that I am so busy throughout the day and my system is stimulated with adernaline. As soon as I leave the office the adrenaline levels go down and I start to feel tired.

i was feeling tired all the time when i first started having panic attacks, as they seem to take a lot out of me, but recently i've been slowly getting more and more energy i do tend to get quite tired after i have a panic attack though, or even begin to have one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information