Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat stools

Re: Flat stools

Flat stools can be caused by spasms in intesntines I think ... read that somewhere. Also if you have hemmies, they can cause it to come out flat.

OMG I get the oval shaped like stools too and can never find anything online either! I thought it was only me. Everytime I look at the poo chart it's never on there. The closest I would get was those hard lumps but these aren't hard they are actually soft just not formed like a snake. I miss having snake poos. I use to get so surprised and happy with some of the ones that would come out they were massive! But I haven't had one like that in I don't know how long.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe25 View Post
    OMG I get the oval shaped like stools too and can never find anything online either! I thought it was only me. Everytime I look at the poo chart it's never on there. The closest I would get was those hard lumps but these aren't hard they are actually soft just not formed like a snake. I miss having snake poos. I use to get so surprised and happy with some of the ones that would come out they were massive! But I haven't had one like that in I don't know how long.
    I am getting oval or flattish stool as well but they are long and soft. I guess I should be happy because I'm coming off of months of severe abdominal pain flareups and I never knew what was going to come out from one day to the next. My Doc prescribed a probiotic and it sorted out the gas and pain but now I have the stool issue 70% of the time. Never all that hard to pass and there is no pain associated with it. I go religiously every morning and even though it take two seatings within 30 minutes of each other I feel like I'm getting everything out. My health anxiety isn't helping things much. In my head everything is cancer.

Metamucil has been mentioned twice in the thread and when I lived for 12 years in Spain I was recommended to use it as basically it's a bulk agent and it lowers cholestral and no one likes being constipated.

For some reason it was withdrawn in the UK some 2/3 years ago, in fact my GP had never heard of it.

It is available to buy via Amazon the orange powder is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jptsr1 View Post
    I am getting oval or flattish stool as well but they are long and soft. I guess I should be happy because I'm coming off of months of severe abdominal pain flareups and I never knew what was going to come out from one day to the next. My Doc prescribed a probiotic and it sorted out the gas and pain but now I have the stool issue 70% of the time. Never all that hard to pass and there is no pain associated with it. I go religiously every morning and even though it take two seatings within 30 minutes of each other I feel like I'm getting everything out. My health anxiety isn't helping things much. In my head everything is cancer.
    I also go twice a day in the morning quite often but some days it's once a day. I think that is quite common though and usually after the second time I will
    Feel empty. I too worry about cancer myself and other sinister things.

I’m also going through something similar atm and have been for about 4 weeks now. My stools seem to be very flat. Sometimes I will have a more rounded stool but the majority of time it is flat - like a thick ribbon is what I’d say. I’ve been GP and had bloods done which all came back clear!

I’m still worried it could be something more sinister :/ did anyone find the reason behind there’s?

Your colon is round but your ar55 hole isn't, it's oval shaped. So if you are passing soft stools they will be re-shaped oval on exit. Don't worry, I have been having ribbon turds for as long as I can remember.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information