Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freaked out over doctor visit about stomach

Re: Freaked out over doctor visit about stomach

Hi this is just another avenue to look at but it could be I.B.S, because I suffer from very similiar symptoms and I have I.B.S. I have had blood tests and nothing shows as wrong. Also I.B.S can happen from the mouth right through to the anus with a degree of symptoms and all are very normal and not life threatening, just horrible. I burp lots and it's horrible and I feel sick. It can also be brought on by anxiety and stress. I hope you feel better soon.

Re: Freaked out over doctor visit about stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Jan63 View Post
    No I think it's just acid reflux brought on by anxiety. I had this last year and convinced myself it was something horrible and it was all down to my stupid anxiety. If I get anxious now I get stomach problems and the burping is all anxiety related too. If you just try and relax and get busy doing something else I'm sure that everything would settle down and you would start to feel better. I don't know what Prevacid is but I was prescribed omeprazole and I took one everyday and after a week or two I started feeling better and I don't need to take them now unless I get anxious again and it all starts up again.

I think your doctor probably just mentioned stomach cancer because he thought that's what you were thinking rather than thinking you might have it.
    hi, i take omeprazole,20mg every morn and every eve, and suffer wiht my nerves alot!! im just wondering how u felt when u come off these? as i have been on them for 2 years now and would love nothing more than to stop taking them, did u have problems with certian foods also? i think my nerves have ruined my stomach. in turn,im nervous about my stomach,so my stomach gets upset,daily! a horrible cycle!! any advice greatly accepted. "dont like worrying" I went though al this panick when my stomach started playing me up,and when i was nervous at first i would go the loo like 4 times!! i think its brought on some ibs in me, i found, even though i cant control it even now! that if my stomach feels like say when u go dentist,tends to be nerves. sadly that is a problem in its self isnt it,catch 22. im sure youll be fine, if u need to talk,carli xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information