Thread: Can IBS really have these symptoms?

Can IBS really have these symptoms?

Abdominal pain - lower pain, mainly left side. Worse first thing in the morning and during the evening
    Bloating and wind - clothes feel tight and awful wind, belching and the other especially after food.
    Pain under left rib - trapped wind and burning sensation
    Variable BM - intermittent constipation, flat stools, feeling that I haven't emptied bowel properly, diarrhea mostly in the morning.
    Back pain - lower back, coccyx spreading to buttocks.

I have had good blood test results and a perfect abdominal/pelvic scan. I have no blood or mucus in stools, no weight loss, insomnia or loss of appetite. I do however, have a great anxiety that this is something more - that the doctors have not suggested the proper tests like colonoscopy etc. My doctor has diagnosed IBS but I keep thinking it is bowel cancer! I am 37 years old with no family history of cancer but plenty of family history of anxiety!!

What shall I do?

Re: Can IBS really have these symptoms?

Have you read the IBS website page on the left?

Why does it have to be bowel cancer? I have had all of those symptoms and more and I don't have cancer but I do have Crohn's disease.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there, yes to all, i get a lot of those symptom's, including frequent peeing!! Which i have right now!! which i have to admit i hate it

have you been given anything to help, i take Mebeverine 3x times a day, its a antispasmodic and helps with cramping and wind. Peppermint tea is also been known to help with cramps to, as does Aloe Vera juice (if you can stomach it)

Today i went to a health food store and a very helpful member of staff suggested taking the Acidophilius plus, it helps to restore the body's PH level and help with IBS and other gut problems. I start taking it tomorrow, so i hope it does help me.

xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3016 View Post
    Abdominal pain - lower pain, mainly left side. Worse first thing in the morning and during the evening
    Bloating and wind - clothes feel tight and awful wind, belching and the other especially after food.
    Pain under left rib - trapped wind and burning sensation
    Variable BM - intermittent constipation, flat stools, feeling that I haven't emptied bowel properly, diarrhea mostly in the morning.
    Back pain - lower back, coccyx spreading to buttocks.

I have had good blood test results and a perfect abdominal/pelvic scan. I have no blood or mucus in stools, no weight loss, insomnia or loss of appetite. I do however, have a great anxiety that this is something more - that the doctors have not suggested the proper tests like colonoscopy etc. My doctor has diagnosed IBS but I keep thinking it is bowel cancer! I am 37 years old with no family history of cancer but plenty of family history of anxiety!!

What shall I do?
    yes, that it was IBS is.. This is what I did.. started taking sstong probiotics.. no spicy food at all.. eat rice, beans and yogurt and really mild.. none irritaing foods. It will go, but continue for a little then you can get back to eating regular.

Thread Information