Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia without obvious worry

Insomnia without obvious worry

For the last couple of weeks I have been having a very hard time falling asleep. I am not laying in bed worrying, in fact my anxiety has been relatively tame lately. I simply can't fall asleep. I wake up exhausted and feel tired most of the day but when bedtime comes I lay there wide awake. Anyone else have this? I made the mistake of googling insomnia and now I am getting worried.

J2

Re: Insomnia without obvious worry

I read your post and felt like I was reading about myself.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping even when I want to pass out when I get in bed. I wake up a lot during the night...or I feel awake because I can hear things...but I am asleep.

Are you under a lot of stress lately?

I am under a lot of stress but the funny thing is I don't lie in bed and worry, I just lie in bed. This is impacting other parts of my life too and I am starting to get worried.

Quote Originally Posted by j2 View Post
    I am under a lot of stress but the funny thing is I don't lie in bed and worry, I just lie in bed. This is impacting other parts of my life too and I am starting to get worried.
    Do you feel like you can't get your mind to relax and go to bed? This is what happens when I lay down. Then I just lay there, totally exhausted but unable to just go to sleep.

Also, a lot of times I don't realize how much I am stressed...because of my on and off anxiety issues.

Have you tried some sleep aids or anything?

I have not tried any sleep aids and I am not on any medication for anxiety. I am worried about addiction since it runs in my family. I just want a good nights sleep. I just so many physical symptoms that I can't function some times.

What about tea or rescue remedy? I don't like taking medication either, I don't want to get hooked on sleep aids, but I do take them when I haven't slept in a few days.

Do you get out and exercise? I didn't do this for awhile, and now I make myself go for a walk at least once a day...makes a difference for me.

What kind of tea and what is rescue remedy? I do run a lot so I don't think exercise is a problem. Thanks for all the respones BTW.

The teas I drink are tummy mint and sleepytime. Chamomile tea also helps. The ones I buy are from Celestial Seasonings.

Bach Rescue Remedy...I think its called rescue sleep in the US. Its made of a bunch of different flowers and its an all natural remedy for anxiety. There are a bunch of different ones.

I will give them a try and keep you posted.

I do the same exact thing. I think it is hormones for me anyway. Everything I have read is suggesting a progesterone deficiency so I am going to try a natural supplement. I also just weaned my child and read that can cause insomnia too. I had the same problem in 2002 after I miscarried.
    Where do you find the rescue sleep aid at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information