Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep! An informative article

Re: Sleep! An informative article

Thanks Nic, an interesting article to read

Unfortunately I have already done most of what is suggested on there, I switched to decaffeinated drinks last year following the advice from my psychiatrist.

I've tried to go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning, but I just couldn't cope, some nights I was getting less than 2 hours sleep and it was leaving me feeling really out of sorts and having real problems functioning

I know that it's already having a bad effect on my physical health too, I keep breaking out in cold sores and the like because I'm becoming run down.

I think I'm going to ring my doctor tomorrow and seek further advice as to what I can do without the need for any more medication

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMoosie View Post
    Thanks Nic, an interesting article to read

Unfortunately I have already done most of what is suggested on there, I switched to decaffeinated drinks last year following the advice from my psychiatrist.

I've tried to go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning, but I just couldn't cope, some nights I was getting less than 2 hours sleep and it was leaving me feeling really out of sorts and having real problems functioning

I know that it's already having a bad effect on my physical health too, I keep breaking out in cold sores and the like because I'm becoming run down.

I think I'm going to ring my doctor tomorrow and seek further advice as to what I can do without the need for any more medication

Auntie Moosie, hello. Did you suss out your sleep pattern or are you still having problems? Like you I see the small hours with increasing regularity and have tried sleep hygiene tactics without success. Have forgotten what it's like to sleep until 7 or 8am :-(

Oh, dear, this is really so informative. Most of the people in our society are not so well known about sleep. They take it as an easy matter. But your article gives me the new way to know more about sleep.

I do not believe in anything whatsoever. The only medicine works for me is Mirtazapine, it is a magic soltab, take it, after 30 minutes sleeping like a dead creature, wake up on time like you have never slept, even with no dreams at all.

In these moments I go through this

Great article I’ve currently dipped do from 7-9 hours down to 4-5 so this is great to remind me I can function on a small amount I know mine is down to a bit of stress and anxiety and hopefully I can tackle both as much as I can I I know with time and patience it does get better 😋

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information